Discuss Hello from sunny Nottingham, seeking unpaid work experience. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stuart27

-
Trainee
Reaction score
Yeah right.. it's grey and miserable, as always :sweatsmile:

Anyway.. Hello ladies and gents.

I'm new to the forum and extremely new to the industry. I'm currently doing the C&G 2365 level 2 and due to start the level 3 next month.

I'm wondering if anybody in or around the Nottingham area would be interested in helping me with some unpaid work experience?

I'm 27 but have absolutely no experience working in the industry (changing career after 9 years working in pubs!), although I do have a CSCS Green card and my own car for travelling.
I'm extremely enthusiastic about becoming a fully qualified electrician and although I know it's going to be difficult at my age having no experience, I'm determined not to let anything get in the way.
I've been informed by my tutor that many students are struggling with the level 3 practical work without having any practical experience, so I'd be really helpful to get some experience with a qualified spark, even if it's just observing.

Obviously since it'll be unpaid work I'll have to fit it in around working and family life (I have two young boys and a missus.) but i'll do my best to make myself available when ever I can.

So if there's anybody out there that's in a position to offer a helping hand it'd be greatly appreciated, i'll gladly carry your tools and fetch the coffee! Just reply here or drop me a PM and we'll discuss it further.

Also if anybody has any insight on possible apprenticeships, relevant training opportunities or just advice on getting into the industry I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance!

Hey. Welcome to the forum

I'd ask my dad to help you out but sadly we're not local to Nottingham :( but good luck with the search, I'm sure there's plenty of nice people here that are willing to help, it is difficult getting into the industry these days if you don't know someone who can help.

Yeah right.. it's grey and miserable, as always :sweatsmile:

Anyway.. Hello ladies and gents.

I'm new to the forum and extremely new to the industry. I'm currently doing the C&G 2365 level 2 and due to start the level 3 next month.

I'm wondering if anybody in or around the Nottingham area would be interested in helping me with some unpaid work experience?

I'm 27 but have absolutely no experience working in the industry (changing career after 9 years working in pubs!), although I do have a CSCS Green card and my own car for travelling.
I'm extremely enthusiastic about becoming a fully qualified electrician and although I know it's going to be difficult at my age having no experience, I'm determined not to let anything get in the way.
I've been informed by my tutor that many students are struggling with the level 3 practical work without having any practical experience, so I'd be really helpful to get some experience with a qualified spark, even if it's just observing.

Obviously since it'll be unpaid work I'll have to fit it in around working and family life (I have two young boys and a missus.) but i'll do my best to make myself available when ever I can.

So if there's anybody out there that's in a position to offer a helping hand it'd be greatly appreciated, i'll gladly carry your tools and fetch the coffee! Just reply here or drop me a PM and we'll discuss it further.

Also if anybody has any insight on possible apprenticeships, relevant training opportunities or just advice on getting into the industry I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks in advance!
Hi mate firstly don't think that your age will work against you because in my opinion you being a bit older than a school leaver means you will be more focused and that is an advantage to you and your employer. Secondly I am in Nottingham as well and if I needed another pair of hands I would definitely give you a shout but the work I'm doing at the moment it's impossible to pay someone anything and I know you said you don't want paying but there is no way I would expect anyone to work for a day with no pay so if I get a nice rewire any time soon I will let you know.

Hi mate firstly don't think that your age will work against you because in my opinion you being a bit older than a school leaver means you will be more focused and that is an advantage to you and your employer. Secondly I am in Nottingham as well and if I needed another pair of hands I would definitely give you a shout but the work I'm doing at the moment it's impossible to pay someone anything and I know you said you don't want paying but there is no way I would expect anyone to work for a day with no pay so if I get a nice rewire any time soon I will let you know.

Cheers buddy I really appreciate the support.

Honestly though you wouldn't need to worry about paying me, i'll be doing it in my spare time. Experience is the most valuable thing to me right now, I'll probably spend most of my time just watching what you're doing and taking notes anyway. I am a total rookie, the extent of my installation experience is literally putting up a security light outside my mothers garage! :sweatsmile:

Passed my last theory exam for the level 2 on Saturday (at 93% :sunglasses:) so starting on the practical work next week

Hi. I currently have a house of multiple occupation property in Mansfield which is about to undergo some renovations including a new kitchen installation requiring a rewire, new bathroom with electric shower, construction of a new bedroom involving a rewire. I’m self employed, working on my own where I fit work around my children and family commitments. I am more that happy if you wanted to come along and gain some experience, even if it was only a for a couple of hours on various days.

Hi. I currently have a house of multiple occupation property in Mansfield which is about to undergo some renovations including a new kitchen installation requiring a rewire, new bathroom with electric shower, construction of a new bedroom involving a rewire. I’m self employed, working on my own where I fit work around my children and family commitments. I am more that happy if you wanted to come along and gain some experience, even if it was only a for a couple of hours on various days.
Nice one, i'll drop you a PM mate thank you.

Reply to Hello from sunny Nottingham, seeking unpaid work experience. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net