Search the forum,

Discuss help - bath pasteuriser problems with elements in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hello all,
Clamp tested and coming up at 19.2 ohms.... but reflecting on this, Im sure that if the element is wired direct to power (via a 16amp plug) and are not heating sufficiently (and I agree that they should be heating that volume in around an hour) then surely its the elements that are faulty or unsuitable for purpose?
So - we are needing to look at other elements - need to be 3kw, flat (to fit a gap of 55mm high, and length 700mm including the terminals).
Can anyone recommend or add a link?

STOP PRESS!
Well, after getting a tongue lashing from You know who, I have removed the elements from the tank, and lo and behold - on inspection they are engraved 240V/500watt.
Naturally, Im peed off with the company, (whom I have emailed), but at least I know what the problem is.......

No, definately getting 19 ohms - thats why I took the elements to look at them to see if I could see anything wrong.

Reply to help - bath pasteuriser problems with elements in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back