Discuss HELP CONSTANT CURRENT DRIVER ON LEDS in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Boabee

-
Reaction score
Hi Diginet,
I am wondering If someone can help me with the DGLC650C18PD driver.

Sapphire Diginet 18W 650mA Phase Control LED Driver - https://www.diginet.net.au/portfolio/sapphire-diginet-18w-650ma-phase-control-led-driver/

We have a project here where we are installing the following:

- 168 LEDs (These are similar to Xmas tree lights. 150mm spacing between single LEDS.)
- Operating Voltage: 12V
- Each LED uses 0.18W (30.6W total)
- These are connected in parallel in strips of 4. (42x LEDs per strip) back to the DIGINET Driver.

Each driver is connected to an exisiting Phase Dimmed circuit.
This is the only means of dimming capabilities we have.

I may be wrong, but assuming the above specs, Each set of lights will require 2.55A at full brightness? (Full brightness will not be required)
I understand the DIGINET Drivers are advertised as Constant Current drivers at 650mA.
Although I noticed in the Spec Sheet that there is also a Constant Voltage mode at 420mA?

What I need to know is wether or not the drivers will cause damage to the afore mentioned LED application? (I assume they are way under load and should prolong the life of them?)

They work perfect upon a trial of the install, with the Diginet Driver connected to these lights and phase dimmed circuit. They also dim very well with the current phase dimmed circuit settings.

Thanks everyone.

Haven't had time to track down a spec sheet but I'd assume the driver will run in constant voltage mode if it's receiving a leading or trailing edge dimmed input supply. There's a certain amount of intelligence built into these types of driver.

Reply to HELP CONSTANT CURRENT DRIVER ON LEDS in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net