Discuss Help! Do i do the 2397 Domestic Course or the 2357 Apprenticeship? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

SparkyGinge

Basically i have just finished Level 2 and Level 3 2365 City and Guilds courses and i am not sure where my future lies in either Domestic or Industrial and Commercial. I am here for a bit of advice if anyone has taken the 2397 or 2357. I have done a bit of Domestic work but not really enjoying it with my boss and currently thinking of switching companies. Also i am wondering what commercial/industrial is like. Any advice is appreciated.

Many thanks.

go for the 2357 its more widely accepted. when you start it your 2365 will be used as prior learning and you can skip a few sections of the 2357 and start the logbook (there are 5 week courses for domestic so go for the 2357 or you will regret it later after spending two years on the 2365)

2357 (GO FOR THIS ONE)
i think there is one bridge unit an the logbook also the AM2

2397 ... i know naff all about this course .. i think its been around since 2012 and been updated
but not many ref to it at all around the place.

im not sure if there is a bridge unit.

i had to do the enviromental unit as i did the 2330 lvl2/3 but i think if you did the newer 2365 i think you did the renewable section during it but i could be wrong

I did 2330 Level 2/3 and was told for me to do 2357 i would have to do one Bridge unit
"If you have already completed your City & Guilds 2330-07 Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) we can now easily convert this qualification into the new Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance). This will require the candidate completing a ‘bridging unit’ from the 2330 to the 2357 which will take 1 day at our centre and then you will have the NVQ portfolio element to complete. "
https://www.traininginelectrical.co...ctrical-installation-buildings-and-structures

"If you are about to start your electrical career or you are already registered on the City & Guilds 2365-03 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) this can also be converted into the 2357 by completing a ‘bridging unit’ which will take 1 day at our centre leaving you with the NVQ portfolio to complete."

Electrical Qualifications - City and Guilds 2365 Electrotechnical

I did 2330 Level 2/3 and was told for me to do 2357 i would have to do one Bridge unit
"If you have already completed your City & Guilds 2330-07 Level 3 Certificate in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures) we can now easily convert this qualification into the new Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrotechnical Services (Electrical Maintenance). This will require the candidate completing a ‘bridging unit’ from the 2330 to the 2357 which will take 1 day at our centre and then you will have the NVQ portfolio element to complete. "
https://www.traininginelectrical.co...ctrical-installation-buildings-and-structures

"If you are about to start your electrical career or you are already registered on the City & Guilds 2365-03 Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations (Buildings and Structures) this can also be converted into the 2357 by completing a ‘bridging unit’ which will take 1 day at our centre leaving you with the NVQ portfolio to complete."

Electrical Qualifications - City and Guilds 2365 Electrotechnical
nice thanks for clearing that up

Reply to Help! Do i do the 2397 Domestic Course or the 2357 Apprenticeship? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock