Discuss Help for testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

Cj24

Hi I work on building sites and obv we have to test all of our installations but we have certain people who end up testing but I wud like to learn, do u knw of any books that I cus get that break testing down and explain wat to do and how in very simple terms

Guidance Note 3 and Practical Guide to Inspection and Testing by C kitcher ISBN 9780750684491.

I recommend the first one as that is the one the exam is based on and the second because its not so heavy on theory but covers everything and has plenty of pictures so you can see what he is talking about as if you were doing the actual test

Hope they help

Chris

There are also the NICEIC DVD's on initial verification and periodic reporting. They're very good as well, and may be easier to learn from as they show you how to do it all... Some people find this easier than reading a book.

There are also the NICEIC DVD's on initial verification and periodic reporting. They're very good as well, and may be easier to learn from as they show you how to do it all... Some people find this easier than reading a book.
hi , where would i get the dvd from ? there website ?

do Megger still publish their testing book it was quiet good from what i can remember??

Not that I'm aware of. However they produce some good DVDs on inspection and testing for both domestic and industrial scenarios. Being too lazy to check the boxes I think they deal with initial verification.

DVD10 and DVD20 on their site.

you can mate but the postage can be a bit expensive. city will order them in for you without postage costs. or you could try the bay usually a few on there

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Introduction-Initial-Inspection-Domestic-Properties/dp/0954879147/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1272894396&sr=8-1]An Introduction to Initial Inspection and Testing DVD for Domestic Properties: Amazon.co.uk: National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting: DVD[/ame]

there is one on the pir`s as well

r1 is the end to end resistance of the line conductor of a ring.

r2 is the end to end resistance of the CPC of a ring.

R1 is the resistance of the line conductor from whatever point you measure it from (normally end of line).

R2 is the resistance of the CPC from whatever point you measure it from (normally end of line).

Guidance Note 3 and Practical Guide to Inspection and Testing by C kitcher ISBN 9780750684491.

I recommend the first one as that is the one the exam is based on and the second because its not so heavy on theory but covers everything and has plenty of pictures so you can see what he is talking about as if you were doing the actual test

Hope they help

Chris
hi chris is the Practical guide to inspection and testing by c kitcher explain all the tests including selv and special tests as i am doing 2391 at min and have found GN3 doesnt explain very well, i have niceic domestic inspection and testing and this to doesnt cover selv
I am trying to find selv tests explanations ie a IR on selv, IR selv to LV, and IR with surge protective devices and not able to disconnect them ay help i am grateful to you

Reply to Help for testing in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net