Discuss HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

?

---

So one day the radio stopped working i switched it to another the same problem, so i checked and changed the fuse, same problem.

Next i checked the voltages and continuity from the wires seem ok e.g. 12v.

I thought maybe im really unlucky so i used a cassette radio, and nice the cassete ejected but then i went press power and nothing it just ejects and accepts.

Is there another fuse? i dont understand what else it can be

youn have 2 supplies to the radio. one is permanent to retain memory, and the other is on with ignition.

Yeah i was guessing the problem is with the ignition not switching the radio on (the red wire i think), but i don't know what might cause that, so its probrabrly the red wire that connects to the radio or could it be something else?

commonly red and yellow, one is perm live, one is switched with ignition, check 12v is present one one of them all the time, and the other when ignition on, check them to the ground which will probably be black but not always! if its an ISO plug then you should be able to google the pinouts online if the colours are different. some modern vehicles are different though!

Just be careful what you are doing with probe testers or you could end up with a very expensive problem .It is easy to damage electrical components on Can Bus systems.
Presuming it is a supply failure as in a blown fuse you would need to get to the bottom of that problem first , just replacing the fuse in not an ideal fix.
If you find a fuse blown , depending on type, if the link has disintegrated that indicates a dead short. Has there been any work done under the dash or on the vehicle wiring recently, like tapping into the harness for an addional supply for other accessories.

Reply to HELP FORD FOCUS RADIO NOT WORKING in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net