• Thread starter Deleted member 112398
  • Start date

Discuss Help - Glow Worm Flexicom 30CX in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deleted member 112398

Hi. Just moved into a new house and have a Glow Worm Flexicom 30CX that was recently serviced and has been working fine. However tonight the Drayton Digistat Wireless RF601 controller got wet (don't ask) and there is no sign of live on the controller main panel. Hot water still comes on fine but I can not get the heating to come on now. Couple of quick questions please...

1. Will the Drayton digistat wireless controller possibly come back to live when it dries out or do I need to buy a new one (they seem to be around £45).

2. Can I turn central heating on at all using the boiler at all? I don't think I can but worth asking.

Any help appreciated! Thank you.

Is the Drayton programmer battery powered?
Theres so many different ways the heating can be wired and controlled, I don't want to say the wrong thing.

If it is, and there's no cables to disconnect at the stat - take the batterys out, take the stat off the wall and leave in a warm place like an airing cupboard. 24 hours, stick in new batterys and see what happens. Might need to be paired with the switch at the boiler again.

Is it a system boiler? (do you have a hot water tank) or is everything direct off the boiler.
Depending on the system, there might be a zone valve on the water pipes that can be manually switched with a mechanical lever on the valve itself to bypass the controls and bring on the heating

Is the Drayton programmer battery powered?
Theres so many different ways the heating can be wired and controlled, I don't want to say the wrong thing.

If it is, and there's no cables to disconnect at the stat - take the batterys out, take the stat off the wall and leave in a warm place like an airing cupboard. 24 hours, stick in new batterys and see what happens. Might need to be paired with the switch at the boiler again.

Is it a system boiler? (do you have a hot water tank) or is everything direct off the boiler.
Depending on the system, there might be a zone valve on the water pipes that can be manually switched with a mechanical lever on the valve itself to bypass the controls and bring on the heating

Did exactly what you said regards the controller and drying it out. Worked a treat and reconnected to main boiler fine. Brilliant - thanks so much. What took you a couple of minutes to type probably saved me £80. Thanks - much appreciated.

My bills in the post

It’s by no means a 100% solution. You may have problems with it in the future if the electronic innards got fried.
Get yourself a new stat anyway. And watch where you’re splashing the water

Reply to Help - Glow Worm Flexicom 30CX in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net