Discuss Help Halving a Dual Control Electric Blanket in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi please can anyone help me - I have a silentnight king size electric blanket dual control so it has separate wiring, control switch and plug for each half. It is no-longer needed so could I not cut it down the middle to use for two spare single beds. No wires would be exposed or cut so it would seem quite safe to do this

I would strongly suggest NOT cutting it at all and buying 2 singles.
There may not be heating element wires between the 2 halves, but there might be thermostats running between.

Even not, if something did go wrong, and god forbid someone was lying on the blanket at the time, the blame would rest entirely on you.

Sorry to be blunt, but that is how it is

or get someone to share the double bed with you. a female is preferential, but each to his own, gender neutered, likes.:D.

I'd also suggest not cutting it, it might leave exposed wiring or allow fingers to get into places where they shouldn't.

Reply to Help Halving a Dual Control Electric Blanket in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have 2 Mira dual valve vision showers. The remote control.for the Vision model has been discontinued, so I bought a Mira Platinum dual...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I have two very specific questions, for the setup below. Setup details: Currently I have a setup with an outlet used for...
Replies
Views
Ferrets are known for being small, resourceful, and incredibly clever. They can solve many problems by fitting into tight spaces and doing jobs us...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for someone to help with this dilemma. Image attached to try and explain it better. We have 3 separate lights currently...
Replies
Views
Good morning guys, I bought this neon sign for my cinema room to put above my arcade machines. I have the cinema controlled by Google voice...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock