Discuss Help Identify this Bulb please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

aesmith

-
DIY
Reaction score
Hi,
I wonder if anyone can help identify this bulb, it's from a compact tractor which has four of them in the front lights. It looks a bit like H11 but I don't think the lugs look quite correct. They don't give the impression of being anything like 55W either.
cXvJ0DNEQUiPHBWOk7NCUw.png

Shot from the end to try and show orientation of lugs ..
38JoZJabSsaHDW9GARQq_g.png

Thanks, Tony S

Thanks everyone. That "880" looks a possibility, 27W probably about right. In particular the layout of the lugs, not quite aligned with the connector.

The tractor is a Siromer 304, one of a number of Chinese models sold under different names. I would say the bulb is original, however soldering a different bulb onto the fitting is my fall back plan.

Yep,the Chinese do this...

I think i have seen a similar lamp used on a UK vehicle front fog lamp...maybe a Ford.

I have built a couple of similar boxed tractors and machinery,and often,the consumables part of the ancillaries,has to be adapted,at some stage.

Just be mindful of the capacity of the switchgear,alternator,etc,as our common available versions would run about 55W,and may reform the lamp-backs and reflectors :eek:

The truth is,parts such as these,which emanate from that side of the world,are not designed for the long-haul. I pray they don't start knocking out pace-makers....but i am probably too late :rolleyes:

Thanks again. The tractor's from 2006, I don't know if it came flat packed, but that's how they come nowadays. Regarding capacity, wiring gauge etc I reckon the best option is going to be replacing with LEDs if I can find any to fit.

50W would be too much. There are some 7.5W listed. Although sometimes I'm not sure what they mean - I just saw some described both as 55W and as 2.8A which can't both be correct.

50W would be too much.

The wildly exaggerated figures given out by Chinese manufacturers for what the 'equivalent wattage' is, should be taken with a pinch of salt.

They're so cheap, just try one.

If you need to have the right angled connector due to space behind the lamp, it looks like an 881 is what you need, rather than the 880 I mentioned earlier, sorry.

881pgj13~donsbulbs.gif

881.png

Thanks. There are some 10W 881 LEDs listed on Ebay. However it's a lower priority now I know the bulbs can be sourced, and they're not some whacky oddity that has to be ordered from China. First things first, new glow plugs should be with me end of next week. Meanwhile I can check power draw on the lights to see what the existing bulbs are pulling.

Reply to Help Identify this Bulb please in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net