Discuss Help Identifying a Fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Heya Folks,

I've been sent the following photo by a client and they want me to go round and fix it this afternoon. Apparently one or both of these has gone. Does anyone recognise them and know where I can get replacements?

20140124_075837.jpg

Thanks,

Craig

It would help if you pulled out the carrier then looked at the fuse :)

After a bit of checking I think each holds a cartridge fuse, would this be correct?

Have you looked, as it might hold a paper clip for all we know.

Thanks everyone! It did look odd. There is an isolation switch that comes from the fuse board and then goes into these then into a large 3 cooker arrangement. Should I change the fuse for the moment and recommend that they change it?

Thanks everyone! It did look odd. There is an isolation switch that comes from the fuse board and then goes into these then into a large 3 cooker arrangement. Should I change the fuse for the moment and recommend that they change it?
I would strongly urge you to investigate further before energising that, especially if it connects to 3 ovens, gasp

Looks like a royal DIY lash up to me!! Why the hell are fuses at the wrong end of the cable? Would be a good place to start checking!! If the supply cable size to the isolator switch is suitable, then all you require is a dual connection unit/plate if both these ovens are actually ovens and not cookers!! lol!!

looks to me like the fuses are positioned where they are to protect the 'smaller' appliance cables

Edit: Ignore - I see what you mean.

could well be that, phil. converted to gas cookers and replaced the redundant cooker switch with that lash-up to fuse down to the clocks/igniters.

Reply to Help Identifying a Fuse in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net