Discuss help installing nest. 3rd gen, zonal. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
hi, bought a nest term hoping it would be easy enough to install
but what do you know, having a few issues

i have 2 zones and hot water tank, but only installing one nest (for now)

so wanted to replace current timer with heatlink. Took timer off wall and cant figure out what to do with wire 7 (heating 2)
as you need 2 heatlinks for zonal install on nest, what can i do with this wire if only installing one heatlink?
plus if i actually buy another heatlink (in future) for 2nd zone, how do i power it? there is only 1 power for this timer so how to power 2nd one?

2nd question
i would like to replace current thermo with Nest, but when i take it off wall it looks like 240v wires feeding it, which i understand will blow the nest.
any way round this? or will i just have to have Nest wireless a nd plugged into wall somewhere?

attached pics below

thanks for any help

help installing nest. 3rd gen, zonal. IMG_20180830_193930 - EletriciansForums.net

help installing nest. 3rd gen, zonal. IMG_20180830_194317 - EletriciansForums.net

You have three timed outputs there do you know what each one controls? I would find out and label before you start also conductors need sleeving ie.blue for neutral so you don't get confused what they all do.

I don’t like that grey in terminal 3, should be moved to the other side of the screw, too close to the neutral for my liking.
Also wondering where the other blue conductor has gone?

What other blue conductor?
Dunno why they have put 3 core and earth to the stat but not bothered to actually connect the 3rd core to the Neutral in the stat.

Reply to help installing nest. 3rd gen, zonal. in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock