Discuss Help Me Find This Integrated Circuit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

T

Tomtoot

Alright so, I work for a shop and the director has brought in a few of these chips and asked me to appraise them for him, and yeah I know this was a poor decision on his part, but it's too late now.

I am quite sure it is an integrated circuit however I could be wrong, I have looked over the internet and a circuit database using the serial numbers on the chip and I couldn't find it, I was wondering if any of you could help me find this circuit, I don't need the price too badly, but I need to at least know what it does, and know the pin diagram for it, so that if a customer asks about it, I can say what it actually does.
The wiring is made of gold which is why I guess he brought them.
Any kind of help would be appreciated since I am clueless right now.

In-case you haven't noticed already I am a layman generally with this kind of thing which is why I'm bringing it here.

Below are pictures of the chip, there is nothing on the bottom of it.
Upload the image directly to the thread: The most awesome images on the Internet

As far as I can see there are 4 different codes on it:
Etched into the polystyrene: CP1188
On the tape: 77744881
On the top of the chip: RN 010-1
In the Middle of the chip: 8802 F

I hope I don't make too many people cringe with my lack of knowledge on this, hope you can help!

Hmm, please throw me bone, what business are you in? what possible function could this chip have? There are gazillions of ic types and while 1188, 8802 and 18802 will lead you somewhere, none of them are 14 legged creatures. Cheers, David.

if what says on the chip does not turn up with a good internet search then you may have some highly specialized esoteric chip that no one heard of before. military/nasa/medical this type of thing...

hmm looks like some chips on that video :)

that chip is extra-terrestrial. i should know. alien abduction in 1973, they implanted one in my skull. through me and my chip, they are watching you all. who do you think had the knowledge to invent the internet and forums?certainly not mankind on this planet. be warned. they are coming.

I don't have time to google this but it's from Lucas Semiconductors, 8802 means made in week 2 of 1988. The code looks like a house code, probably only the OEM can identify it.The ceramic package and gold flash leadframe suggest extended temperature range although it might have a commercial-spec cousin. Internally it may be a very ordinary part like an op-amp or logic gates, or it could be very application specific.

Last edited:
Hmm, please throw me bone, what business are you in? what possible function could this chip have? There are gazillions of ic types and while 1188, 8802 and 18802 will lead you somewhere, none of them are 14 legged creatures. Cheers, David.

We're a DIY store, but I don't think it is related to DIY at all, I think he brought it in just because he thought he was getting a good price

I don't have time to google this but it's from Lucas Semiconductors, 8802 means made in week 2 of 1988. The code looks like a house code, probably only the OEM can identify it.The ceramic package and gold flash leadframe suggest extended temperature range although it might have a commercial-spec cousin. Internally it may be a very ordinary part like an op-amp or logic gates, or it could be very application specific.

Well Lucas Semiconductors has been out of business for a long time, does that mean there isn't a lot of hope for finding it?
If I am all out of options I will have to just put them into a breadboard and test the inputs and outputs, probably destroying a lot of chips in the process :/

Reply to Help Me Find This Integrated Circuit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net