Discuss Help needed: an RCD... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I need a Ashley-Rock RCD 80amp 30 milliamp. Does any one have a second hand one available to buy? Or could you point me in the direction of where I could source one - I realise this isn't going to be easy.

Thanks.

Question, why do you need a replacement? Your best bet would be to get an Electrician to source one for you.

I can't ever remember them doing a consumer unit so must not have been popular so I think it will be hard to get one.
They become part of Hager so maybe a call to them. As Pete said why do you need to replace the existing.

RE #6 = Yes. But the OP might ring the companies and explore the likelihood of future availability and thereby inform on whether to swap board for a new one of a different make.

Question, why do you need a replacement? Your best bet would be to get an Electrician to source one for you.
Don't know if Rachael thought my post was condescending, far from it, it could be that there is a fault on the system rather that a faulty RCD,that was the reason for my question, nothing sinister at all, so an answer would be appreciated.

When I researched it, if I recall correctly I found a website linked to Hager that listed replacements for the Ashley Rock gear.

It wasn't something I just tried for the fun of it :)
I am sure many rcds would have fitted the gap but I would not rely on a website to give me guidance.

I have called Hager technical before regarding compatibility of their current range with Ashley rock supasafe. They verified total compatibility with the more recent supasafe, but not the older range of supasafe. One has red writing on the front, one blue. It escapes me which is which.

I think the OP needs to answer the questions already asked about why one of these is needed and what competence level they possess though.

Actually... I take it back... I didn't use a website.

I actually emailed Hager and have a written response from their technical support team stating clearly their devices are drop in replacements for the Ashley & Rock Supasafe RCDs :D

Edit:- Just read Andy's post... the one I replaced had blue writing on it if I recall correctly. It was a 63A 30mA trip to BS 4293.

The originator, Rock Ashley?

I did look for their website but couldn't find it. In trying to find it I establish they had been subsumed by Hager, so I was looking on Hager's website.

But I went back and checked and as I said above, I emailed their tech team with the specs of the unit I was replacing and they confirmed I could replace it with a current Hager model.

Must admit I have never known this compatibility as Hager are not producing type specific replacements like Schneider for Merlin Gerin and Square D.

Reply to Help needed: an RCD... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net