Discuss Help needed to review quality of distributer box installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes both boards were replaced plus electric shower was also replaced in the bathroom.what i find strange is that the tails were hanging out of the gromits and one of the neutrals was exposed when they had been clearly hidden in the first place also the customer had already said that they had a previous electrician who done shawdy work as they put it and hadnt paid them!!why hadnt they contacted them to tell them about this but instead went onto a forum and tried to slate them !!!

Was the electric shower replaced? Don't recall seeing a mention of that in any of the posts thus far.

The OP didn't come onto the forum slating someone, they came on looking for some advice (although I suspect they knew what the answer would be).

What I do find quite interesting is this is your first post on the forums, you're in Glasgow, there's no electrical qualifications in your profile and the excess exclamation marks adding emphasis suggest you might be a little angry at potentially an individual not being paid for doing shoddy work and potentially for that individual getting a slating in public.

So I have to ask... are you the person who did the installation that has been photographed here? Your post makes me think maybe you might be.

Yes both boards were replaced plus electric shower was also replaced in the bathroom.what i find strange is that the tails were hanging out of the gromits and one of the neutrals was exposed when they had been clearly hidden in the first place also the customer had already said that they had a previous electrician who done shawdy work as they put it and hadnt paid them!!why hadnt they contacted them to tell them about this but instead went onto a forum and tried to slate them !!!
Was the electric shower replaced? Don't recall seeing a mention of that in any of the posts thus far.

The OP didn't come onto the forum slating someone, they came on looking for some advice (although I suspect they knew what the answer would be).

What I do find quite interesting is this is your first post on the forums, you're in Glasgow, there's no electrical qualifications in your profile and the excess exclamation marks adding emphasis suggest you might be a little angry at potentially an individual not being paid for doing shoddy work and potentially for that individual getting a slating in public.

So I have to ask... are you the person who did the installation that has been photographed here? Your post makes me think maybe you might be.
No i wasn't the one who done the instalation but i was the one who fitted the shower on that job

Yeah,i find it strange that you never contacted the person who done the job but decided to post this on a forum instead

To be fair, this forum serves a lot of purposes and one of those is as a place where people can get second opinions. That's what has happened here, people are entitled to seek advice, especially when they think they might be being taken for a ride.

I was asked to fit the shower from the person who done the work.what i also find strange is that i was at the same house the following day to change they're water supply to mains and fix an air lock and they hadnt mentioned to me about any fault or to tell the person about this issue

I was asked to fit the shower from the person who done the work.what i also find strange is that i was at the same house the following day to change they're water supply to mains and fix an air lock and they hadnt mentioned to me about any fault or to tell the person about this issue
You seem to find many things strange....If I was you I wouldn’t do and future work along side this chancer as you may get tarred with the same brush.

Maybe they weren't sure, hence they wanted a second opinion.

At the end of the day, it looks to me like the gripe is not with you, but with the chancer that did the electrical work. As
@Leesparkykent says, steer clear if this is the kind of work they are doing.

Well, this just keeps getting better. Or maybe worse...

Increasingly bemusing at least!

I don't personally see how a plumber can be competent enough to replace an electric shower and somehow not notice his mate has left a CU install in the next room looking like a terrorist device with wires hanging out the top. But maybe it's just me o_O

Think you need to stay away from electrical works and stick to your pipes and water where the worst you can do is flood the place and not kill someone. It’s people like you that bring this trade down by ripping people off. Go and park your horse somewhere where it’s welcome.

Think you need to stay away from electrical works and stick to your pipes and water where the worst you can do is flood the place and not kill someone. It’s people like you that bring this trade down by ripping people off. Go and park your horse somewhere where it’s welcome.

Woah.. You read that this guy didn't do the CU install? Just swapped out an old electric shower for new.

I accept that replacing an electric shower does require competence and testing, neither of which could exist as we know now that that the CU feeding the shower would be instantly dis-satisfactory to any competent person, and that that no part of it was tested as it has failed to test satisfactorily on subsequent inspection.

But apparently it's OK for just about anyone north of the border to carry out this kind of work, which is odd.. But also the biggest cock up was the CU fitted by the other guy. For all we know, the shower itself is perfectly OK. Not that that excuses connecting the shower to that mess of a CU without flagging concerns at the very least.

Where do you come up with
Thats pretty funny considering i never done the electrical work it was plumbing work and where do you come up with ripping people off ?Also bringing what trade down the best thing for you to do is crawl back under that rock from which you came as you obviously never read what i wrote properly

This is turning out to be a bit of a witch hunt against the wrong person. Not a good reply from a staff member as well.

Agree.

Although it's very odd that the person who wasn't to blame and was never originally accused of doing anything pops up to question why this thread is slamming the work of the guy that fitted the CU.

I don't agree with witch hunt mentality. But it's a fact that the installation was left in a potentially dangerous state and it's worth hunting out the truth behind what creates any dangerous situation. I don't feel we're at the point of truth on this one just yet.

Reply to Help needed to review quality of distributer box installation in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net