Discuss Help needed wiring led security garden light to outside. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

CAN'T SEE IMAGES. THE SITE TAKES FOREVER TO LOAD. CAN'T YOU ATTACH TO POST?

can't make any sense without physically being on site to check and test.

can't make any sense without physically being on site to check and test.
if you are more to the west of manchester i could call and sort it.

Theres no lintel. "Builder said didnt need one cos its an extension" cowboy and ran off. Told him sort the garden light couldnt do that

It might be worth getting that checked out as it looks like the timber doorframe will be the only thing supporting the roof structure or whatever is above the door opening at that point.

• Agree
Reactions: 123
Yeh im going to find someone to look at it. Walls needs to be plastered outside to. Do you think I can report the builder cos it looks dangerous to me. When he done an extension through kitchen to make bathroom he didnt even get wiring done directly from consumer unit. He used the security light wiring for the bathroom.

20180208_140048.jpg

The two wires are loop in and out and they look like 2.5mm so potentially part of a ring main so you'll need weather proof 13A FCU but to be honest the whole set up looks sketchy so I'd recommend getting an approved electrician to have a look.

Classic Fawlty Towers...I envy you being so young you don't get it!
Plenty on here will...
go to about 29mins in...

all well and good, but in the scheme of things, we are just specks of organic dust infesting a lump of dust circling a hot bit of crap, orbiting a bigger lump of crap, destined to eventually collapse into a black hole , lost forever in time.

Theres no lintel. "Builder said didnt need one cos its an extension" cowboy and ran off. Told him sort the garden light couldnt do that
Crikey another rough old job.

Reply to Help needed wiring led security garden light to outside. in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net