Discuss Help Picking A Generator in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

ptotten@hotmail

Hi there, I was wondering if anyone can help me out at all as I have tried all my local contacts and services and have had no luck at all.
Basically I own a car repair garage and have purchased a 3 phase rolling brake tester unit which has 2 x 3.7 kw motors in it as well as a control panel, the only problem is that in my workshop is only single phase electric which is piggy bacedk from a joining house.
I dont really fancy the idea of running a power convertor as i do not think that the supply coming into the workshop is heavy enough.
I hired out a 20kva 3 phase generator and it powered the brake tester with no problems so I know this is enough but I was wondering if a less kva powered unit would do, as in a 10kva as they seem cheaper and easier to get aswell as smaller. i have tried to hire a 10kva unit but no one in my area in northern ireland seems to hire one as they are supposidly not commonly asked for.
Any help or any ways to work this out would be GREATLY appriciated.

Yea I know what you mean but 2 problems,
1- I dont have 3 grand to spare at the minute
2- I'm not sure how long i am staying in my current location, where as I can take a generator with me anywhere I go

were abouts in northern ireland are ye? try these guys trooperslane carrickfergus
Email: [email protected] Tel: +44 (28) 9336 4779 or alternativately if ye want to buy new
FG Wilson Ltd
Old Glenarm Road
Larne
Co. Antrim
N. Ireland
BT40 1EJ
Tel. +44 (0) 28 2826 1000
Fax. +44 (0) 28 2826 1111
hope this helps

Reply to Help Picking A Generator in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net