Discuss help regarding radial circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

demkap

Hi all,

Today i found 2 radial circuits in a 32amp mcb breaker, would you give it a code c1 or c2 on a eic report?

Also what are the main dangers of having these together?

Cheers
Dem

Depends on the csa of the cables and the purpose of the circuits. Were they meant to be 2 radials or has it been an RFC at some time in the past?

they are wired in 2.5 and its a one bed flat. 2 radials in a 32amp breaker, when split one supplies kitchen and the other the rest of property. so id split them and put the in a 20amp breaker each, just wonder what code... and what dangers i could state?

If youve done no testing and have put two legs of a rfc into two seperate mcbs you could have two points of isolation.

You haven't proven anything mate, as I said in #2 and as has been said subsequently, has this always been 2 radials or is it a broken RFC?
You should at the very least have stated what the label on the front of the CU said was the intention of the circuit.

it wasnt even labelled as a whole on there, but on that one it said sockets. i tried to do end to end on them and got nothing.. then i separated them and did a r1+r2 individually and i got my readings to prove they are radials.. i just wanna know what code to put down as i know that they need to be 20amp breakers not 32amp

Did you look at the neutral bar? Did the corresponding terminal have 2 cables in it?
Same question applies to the earth bar.
Did you do any testing? If so, what were your results?
If you're carrying out EICRs you can't allow knee jerk reactions to cloud your judgment. You inspect, you test, you report based on the regs.

it wasnt even labelled as a whole on there, but on that one it said sockets. i tried to do end to end on them and got nothing.. then i separated them and did a r1+r2 individually and i got my readings to prove they are radials.. i just wanna know what code to put down as i know that they need to be 20amp breakers not 32amp
So did you go to every point on these "radials" and take the r1r2

yes i did go to every point... i proved it was a radial. i just wanna know what code it is? if you dont wanna give me helpful advise then dont bother.

Sometimes in order to give meaningful advice you have to ask questions mate.
Give it a C1 because it's obviously horrendously dangerous or don't give it a code at all because you "put it right"
I'm out.

Reply to help regarding radial circuits in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net