Discuss HELP sizing SWA___________ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Judd

-
Reaction score
For a Job I need to extend and relocate 3x SWA cables, after inspecting the cables I first concluded that they were 25mm 2core, after then comparing an off cut of 25mm 3 core to the existing cables the 3core appears the same size or even possibly smaller, I am now pondering if the existing cables are 35mm 2 core,
I only have the one picture at the moment but will be able to post a picture of inside the enclosures in a couple of days, all cables fit into a standard 60947-3, would 35mm fit into one?
Any help appreciated thanks 20181002_145745.jpg

Would look better if everything was lined up neatly. Sorry, not the feedback you were wanting, but I had to say it!

It look like it could be either but the only way I know to be sure is to get the micrometer out and do the sums to be sure which is what I would do. The BS951 clamps are going I presume? and the swa properly glanded? Single insulated tails are not good either bit of a poor install all in all looks like you have your work cut out.

They are all double insulated they just have red and black sheaths. Yes everything is getting re-done, A new hut is being built about 15 metres away to house the 3 existing supplies and a new 4th supply,

Reply to HELP sizing SWA___________ in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I was the 2nd sparks taking over a garden office supply job. The first sparks had fitted 10 sq mm 3 core SWA, but it actually had brown, blue and...
Replies
Views
I’ve got a job to quote for turning 1 big flat into 2 smaller flats. The DNO are looking at installing new meters in the communal area. I need to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
Background: I am not an electrician, I am a retired professional engineer high power broadcast transmitter design , but am dabbling outside my...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have a client who is developing a plot of land for a single house. Currently, their 100 amp service cut-out is in a cubicle fed by...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock