Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Electrical 2 Go - Electrical Supplier and Electrical Wholesalers

Please visit our prime electrical forum sponsor - they have the best tools at the best prices. If you find a price better somewhere else, call them or contact them, and they may be able to beat it for you. Especially on an order of a few items.

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Help understanding 2 way switching. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. InvernessElec

InvernessElec New EF Member

so I understand how 2 way switching works up just needing some help with this. If I have a 2 gang 2 way switch, and I am taking the feed to the switch, do I link out the commons ?

2. FatAlan

FatAlan Trainee Trainee Access

If you google two way switching etc and even look on Youtube there’s loads. Try John Ward or GSH electrical. Make sure you have some brown sleeving for your switched lines. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

are you training on the job .

4. chris gray

chris gray Electrician's Arms

It depends how it’s wired

As your question says ‘switched’ 2 way could switch without the need for a feed

5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator