Discuss Help Wiring Lightwave Smart Switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jjp1

-
Reaction score
Need some advice on whether I can replace my current normal dimmer switch with a Dimmable Smart Switch. (Lightwave Generation 2)

There are 3 switches that operate the lights on the first floor landing.
One switch is at the bottom of the stairs, the other switch is at the top of the stairs on the first floor and the third switch is along the landing on the first floor too.

The current dimmer switch is in the middle ( at the top of the stairs). It uses L1, L2 and common wires plus an earth attached to the back plate.

The Smart Dimmer Switch has 3 connections which are L / S / and the wave line (think this is common).
The details on the smart switch say that it does not require a mains neutral switch to be connected.

There is an attached pdf installation guide if this helps anyone.

So do I cap the mains neutral wire and connect the Live to (L) and Common to (Wave) on the Smart Dimmer?

I have drawn up a diagram that helps explain the above.

LIGHT SWITCH DIAGRAM.jpg
Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• L21 Smart Dimmer Installation Guide.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 7
i beleive the new gen2 are all 2way (as apposed to needing slave+master when using the gen1)

I too have a query on this- any know if you can use 3,4,5.... gen2 switches- or would there be a need for intermediates??

Reply to Help Wiring Lightwave Smart Switch in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a 220v House I want to change this switch to smart switch, but I am stumped, I don't have a neutral so I had to return the switch I...
Replies
Views
L
WIRING FOR WALL SMART SWITCH FOR CEILING FAN/LIGHT Just bought a smart wall switch for a ceiling fan/light currently connected to a single switch...
Replies
Views
littletwinn
L
Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Ok guys, first post so be gentle. I have a standard setup of two two way switches, one at the bottom of the stairs and one at the top so the light...
Replies
Views
Hi. I want to replace my traditional light switch for a smart Wi-Fi switch, but my current switch has 3 cables, COM, LOOP and 1WAY. Where should I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock