Discuss Help: Wiring up emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Try rotating the tube, make sure it's making contact, seen that a few times

Liam, how are you checking the voltages, what type of meter are you using?

It's a greenlee multimeter, CB was on, tested getting 240v roughly, turned CB off, hoping light would be on, no light or battery light, and 0v tested

Why are you using a multimeter? Why not give yourself a chance and use a tester which can rule out phantom voltages?

Why are you working on this light in the first place? Is the battery charged?

It's a greenlee multimeter, CB was on, tested getting 240v roughly, turned CB off, hoping light would be on, no light or battery light, and 0v tested
Sorry to harp on Liam, just to get my mind straight, you are getting 240v from N to L and 240v from N to SL, as I say sorry to repeat but I wasn't sure from your reply earlier, the reason for asking, is lots of people think they have a link connected only to find the link isn't making contact, ie a bad termination.

Sorry to harp on Liam, just to get my mind straight, you are getting 240v from N to L and 240v from N to SL, as I say sorry to repeat but I wasn't sure from your reply earlier, the reason for asking, is lots of people think they have a link connected only to find the link isn't making contact, ie a bad termination.
it is not a plug and play .
No body said it was Buzz just asking if the connections are good, blimey.

No body said it was Buzz just asking if the connections are good, blimey.

sorry, 2.5v roughly from N to L and N to SL, 240v from earth to L and earth to SL

Reply to Help: Wiring up emergency lighting in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net