Discuss Help with Bathroom light (Ansell adi16) Small Glow in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Ian K

-
Reaction score
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

My bathroom light, which has been working for a year since I moved into my flat, has stopped working.
It's an Ansell ADI16 (here's a link to the model) and the problem is the fluorescent tube only lights the first centimetre on each side of the tube when I turn it on.
I tried a replacement tube but this has the same problem.

I have googled this but can't find much info on what to try to replace.

I am a reasonably competent DIY'er but unfamiliar with this setup.

Thanks for advance for any help.

Ian

Hi Murdoch

Thanks for your response.
I have already tried a replacement bulb - do you think this could also be faulty or a dud batch? I bought the one that was in the fitting and the one I have replaced it with at the same time.

Regards

Ian

If its your flat, get a replacement luminaire. If you have a landlord, get them to replace it. Its not worth the hassle replacing inner parts, other than the tube.

I presume it does not have a starter so it must be the ballast has failed. So your Landlord should be fixing it or replacing most likely.

Thanks for all your reply's.
I have just been out and purchased a new bulb/tube which shows the same behaviour.
I don't think it has a starter.
I'm now trying to source a replacement.
Cheers
Ian

don't bother with a fluorescent version, go for LED replacement.

The replacement arrived in the week and I've replaced the unit today and all is working.

Thanks for all the help and advice,

Ian

Reply to Help with Bathroom light (Ansell adi16) Small Glow in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net