Discuss Help with commercial PV install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

saint

-
Reaction score
I have installed several domestic 3 and 4kW PV systems over the last five or six years and a few 10KW systems but i dont have experience with larger commercial installs. I have now been asked by a previous customer to provide an estimate to install a 30kW system on his factory. He has already had 30kW previously installed by another company that is no longer trading. I want dont want to get caught out with potential costs or issues i'm not expecting so if anyone can point out anything i should be considering that i may not have thought of i would be grateful. I'm ok with the install side of things with regards to panels/ mounting system/ inverters/ 3phase electrical works. But what about DNO permission and grid connection, Commercial EPC, export meter? anything else??

Many thanks

is the existing 30kWp on the same unit? If so, before you go any further I'd be checking that he's aware that he'll not get the Feed In Tariff or export payments on the new system.

It may still be viable for him, but best to check before doing much more work.

Why no fit on a second install. I thought he would get 20kw in the 10-50 braket and 10 kw in the 50-250kw??

check with DNO first if they have capacity on the local transformer to cover the full load, should they be close to capacity they might even allow install but you might have to install a new transformer or even be directed to connect to another transformer further away, they may even limit export also.
if you don't check before you give quote then at least put it down TBC.

Reply to Help with commercial PV install in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock