Discuss Help with EICR coding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Doomed

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Working on report at home, left books in office as I got called home urgently yesterday, help on a couple of codings would be useful. I want to have the report emailed off before Monday so I cant use the NICEIC advice line.

Inspected care home, all clients are dementia.

No RCD protection on majority of sockets in clients rooms, normally this would warrent a C3, but due to the situation would you rate it as C2?

One of the main DB's is in a bedroom with a clients bed directly under it, client often in bed (I had to ask nicely for the staff to move the client so I could move the bed to access the DB). I have no idea if I should code this, if it was storage in the way I would C3 it, but in this situation? I know I would kick off if I was doing a risk assessment, but for an EICR?

May post more later.

Working on report at home, left books in office as I got called home urgently yesterday, help on a couple of codings would be useful. I want to have the report emailed off before Monday so I cant use the NICEIC advice line.

No RCD protection on majority of sockets in clients rooms, normally this would warrent a C3, but due to the situation would you rate it as C2? might lean towards a C2 here if i thought there was a potential danger due to the dementia issue

One of the main DB's is in a bedroom with a clients bed directly under it, client often in bed (I had to ask nicely for the staff to move the client so I could move the bed to access the DB). I have no idea if I should code this, if it was storage in the way I would C3 it, but in this situation? I know I would kick off if I was doing a risk assessment, but for an EICR? no code, but maybe a recommendation on the EICR

May post more later.
my comments in red.

No RCD protection on majority of sockets in clients rooms, normally this would warrent a C3, but due to the situation would you rate it as C2?

code 3

One of the main DB's is in a bedroom with a clients bed directly under it, client often in bed (I had to ask nicely for the staff to move the client so I could move the bed to access the DB). I have no idea if I should code this, if it was storage in the way I would C3 it, but in this situation? I know I would kick off if I was doing a risk assessment, but for an EICR?

No code, just a comment/recommendation.
May post more later.

All portable appliances should be tested at suitable intervals in such an installation, so there is a lower than average risk from the use of portable appliances. So I would only go with a C3 because that's what the guidance in 7671 says it should be for no RCD.

Adequacy of access to switchgear is an item on the inspection schedule, and you can't pass it as it is at the moment as having a patients bed in the way is inadequate access. So that's a C3 as far as I am concerned.

Next - am I supposed to be coding for plastic DB's yet? and if so C3?
Also what code is plastic trunking in fire escape routes with no metal clips?

no code at present.

Last edited:

421.1.201 wouldn't apply to a residential care home anyway. The regulation is not intended to apply to consumer units and similar switchgear assemblies in residential care homes or other premises not intended for household use. Regulation 421.1.201 being introduced related specifically to domestic premises, which are not covered by fire safety legislation in the way that premises such as care homes are. The regulation therefore uses the term ‘domestic (household) premises’.

421.1.201 wouldn't apply to a residential care home anyway. The regulation is not intended to apply to consumer units and similar switchgear assemblies in residential care homes or other premises not intended for household use. Regulation 421.1.201 being introduced related specifically to domestic premises, which are not covered by fire safety legislation in the way that premises such as care homes are. The regulation therefore uses the term ‘domestic (household) premises’.

I credited the bloke with enough sense to have read the book himself before asking and so assumed the question was a general one rather than specific to this job

Sorry, one last quicky, now looking at a EICR from another company on another care home, just want to double check their max Zs values for type C 61009 at 32A and C 60898 at 10A, they have 0.68 and 2.19, can't remember from memory if these are correct, or if they are the revised values or the old ones.
Ta.
edit: also is the min CPC size for a type C still 1.5mm?

Last edited:
surely you can divide V/(10 x In) for these devices and then x 0.8, to get the value?

Sorry, one last quicky, now looking at a EICR from another company on another care home, just want to double check their max Zs values for type C 61009 at 32A and C 60898 at 10A, they have 0.68 and 2.19, can't remember from memory if these are correct, or if they are the revised values or the old ones.
Ta.
take 5% off for cmin and there is an andriod app with the zs values

Help with EICR coding {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Last edited:
Ta.

http://www.electriciansforums.co.uk...nyone-have-federal-mcb-data-zesses-sheets.pdf

Using the reminder at the end of each row from table 41.3 you can work out all your max Zs figures for 60898 and 61009. Type B is 46/In then half that for a type C, half again for a D.
Type B = 46/In
Type C = 23/In
Type D = 11.5/In

Note that this is from the BGB.

Using the reminder at the end of each row from table 41.3 you can work out all your max Zs figures for 60898 and 61009. Type B is 46/In then half that for a type C, half again for a D.
Type B = 46/In
Type C = 23/In
Type D = 11.5/In

Note that this is from the BGB.

Thank you, as I said earlier I am at home and all my books got left in the office as I had to rush home.

Reply to Help with EICR coding in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock