Discuss Help with FKI BRADBURY 20 series 2 post car lift in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys

Is there anyone who can help me with some information to help me get a FKI BRADBURY 20 series 2 post car lift up and running, the model number is 2303 manufactured in December 1989 the lift capacity is 2500kg the serial number if it helps is 1360 the motor that is used by this lift is a Brook Crompton Parkinson 3.0 kW 220-240 / 380-415v I am not sure what voltage is available so if possible wiring information for both 3 phase and 240v would be really great, perhaps someone knows if the original installation and users instructions can be obtained online.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Les

Hi,you would need to list more information from the motor data plate.

Remember,you may not know if the motor is originally specified.

The size and maker of motor,could lend itself to either single or 3ph.
Is it a double screw with floor chain coupling?

At that age,i would be more concerned about the lift nuts being sound,before even connecting it to a copper strip in a lemon ;)

Thanks for you reply, naturally as part of the installation the lift would have a full service I have uploaded a picture of the motor plate, I have tried to upload more pictures but I am getting an error hopefully the motor plate will help to get the information needed to get the lift working so that it can be checked, I look forward to hearing from anyone who can assist me.

Thanks
Les73ACAD85-94DC-45EB-9386-F437CC94595F.jpeg

that 's a 3 phase motor. you connect in star on a 415V supply. delta on a 230V 3phase supply (very rare in the UK)

Welcome to the forum Les ...
As your profile hasn't been fully filled in can you tell us your electrical knowledge/background?
You are asking a basic question about a motor where the plate provides the information clearly thus before providing further help can you fill in the blanks as to whether you are the owner with no practical electrical knowledge or maybe an Electrician who is just out of their comfort zone.

We need more info to possibly help out here like what is controlling the motor, it may be a basic contactor control or less likely given its age it could be a VSD. Your initial query is slightly ambiguous as to what you are asking exactly but if it is the supply you require it is likely you will need a 3ph supply, I will guess even though we have no info on the controls that a 230v 1ph supply is not an option here if that is what you are hoping to run this from, although you can buy a unit to give you 3ph from 1ph but this is not a cheap option just to find out whether it works or not.

Firstly dark wood thank you for taking an interest in my enquiry. I am not a qualified electrician I do have some qualifications in electronics but have not been involved for some years, I do however have a large amount of hands on exsperiance in large and small electrical refurbishments working with a group several exsperianced sparks and I am confident working with household power although I have worked with 3phase but only with limited involvement. The lift has been acquired by some 4x4 off-road friends who would greatly benefit from having a working lift, there is a new 4 core armoured cable that has been run from a 3phase board the cable is not connected at either end, I have taken pictures of the lift, switch, motor and board but I am unable to upload them I keep getting an error message, I have croper the picture of operating switch and managed to upload it, the help I am looking for is a diagram showing the cable connection to the switch, the wire connection from the switch to the motor appears to be in place.
I hope I have given you enough information for you to consider helping me with this project.
Les

4D3A47D0-9BFB-4388-A746-DE895D88FBAC.jpeg

suggest you call in someone familiar with motors and their start/stop circuitry. not only do you need it to be safe and compliant with various regulations, if you connect to a 415V 3 phase suply and the motor is connected in delta configuration, it's bye, bye motor.

You may already know this but with car lifts the mechanical safety regulations are very stringent. It would mean involving a specialized engineer for undergoing initial and yearly testing and inspection.

I am sure there is a lot of safety rules and regular checks and inspections but that would be down to the off road guys as they would be using the lift to maintain there vehicles but before that can happen it needs to be wired up and checked/services

If I was to use a lift for mainly 4x4s I would’ve going for something bigger than 2500kg. OK if you have a couple of Suzuki Jimnys but a Discovery would be over the rating of the lift.

Reply to Help with FKI BRADBURY 20 series 2 post car lift in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock