Discuss Help with pricing please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I'll start by saying thank you for any help given.. much appreciated

I've been a spark for 12 years now doing domestic and new builds but have recently decided to go it alone.. so far I've been able to price my jobs on a day rate but now I'm in the process of getting a small contract with a property developer and he wants to be invoiced on job price..

I haven't a clue how to price works ie: (1st + 2nd fix light per room - relocating socket - 1st and 2nd fix shower etc etc

Will any of you lovely people be able to share with me your personal pricing list that you use to price work..

I'd like to add that I'm not being lazy I have done my searching but the prices I found was really pricey

Not sure if I should be going in at a lower price for the reason that I'll get all of his property's if he's happy with my prices and work

Really stressing about this..

Any advice will be hugely appreciated

Please PM me for contact details if you wish to forward me anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive added a file..This is where I'm at.. starting to think I'm under pricing..

I've got until tomorrow morning to sort this out

View attachment 41340
that looks in the right ball park, but for some of those prices, e.g. garage supply, you can't give a fixed price before seeing the job and sussing out the cost and time.

for easch job. i'dalsoestimate the time @ your hourly rate (£25?) and add materials + 20% and see if the figures compare with ytour price per point method.then on either quote, add 10 -20% to allow for wriggle room and the odd extra.

Your ggoing to travel to a job... Replace a socket, drive home and only charge £20 including the socket?
And whats that about a 10way ccu change for £150 including the board?

Your ggoing to travel to a job... Replace a socket, drive home and only charge £20 including the socket?
And whats that about a 10way ccu change for £150 including the board?
don't forget, he's pricing for new build so the CU is part of a complete installation. he's still too cheap though.

All new build ? Half the list is pricing replacements ?
maybe i misread. he said it was with a property developer. think now some will be new build and some modding existing.

@steven steward
You may noticed I have edited your email address out, it is wiser to use the PM system to share personal info as only members can contact you, you expose yourself to spam by posting such personal info in the open forum.

Try and simplify them too, you have multiple prices for many different lighting jobs which appears confusing.
I try and work on a price for a point, first and second fixed, including basic white plastic accessory. Any other fittings or accessories are extra.
e.g lighting point including pedant/batten holder = £
Socket outlet including white plastic socket = £

If doing repairs/replacements make sure you have a minimum charge to prevent the £20 door to door socket job Suffolkspark mentioned.

Think I'd better jiggle my prices

I thought it was low

Stamford Lincolnshire
on the "rewplace light/socket etc. prices. if it's a one off, allow £40 for attending, then hourly rate thereafter. no use going out for 2 hours and drawing £20.

Hi,what on earth,are you doing,letting a property developer give you the rules regarding pricing?

You need to price any work,using your own rules,which you feel comfortable with,and have worked to date.

If you allow the customer this first,yet important allowance - you risk setting a slippery precedence.

Also,some of those quoted prices are going to be cherry-picked,and used to water-board you :(

I never worked like that on small jobs. I worked in labour and materials only.

For example

I day first fix for a pair= £450 plus VAT
1 day second fix for a pair= £450 plus VAT
I day finals and testing for a pair = £450 plus VAT
Materials = £400
profit on materials £60
Mainenance for year £100

total cost = £1,960 Plus vat to be added at 20%

Now this is not a price for that Job just an example before everyone jumps all over the price lol

Reply to Help with pricing please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net