Discuss Help with RCCB please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello everyone, New here I’m not an electrician but I have an interest, RCCB was tripping at least 3 times a day I couldn't find a fault so I replaced and it seemed to have solved the issues, but 3 days later the RCCB on the other side has tripped, dos anyone have any ideas please? I'm so annoyed I thought I fixed it but guess not. I was thinking both units need changing at the same time? Now I have put in a new RCCB the other side is old and is more sensitive? (10 years old) I’m just guessing can someone confirm this?
I would really appreciate any help
Thanks

What work has been done recently?
I think you're wasting your money replacing the RCD's, rather spend it on a sparky with the right test equipment to find a crossed or borrowed neutral fault.

Hello everyone, New here I’m not an electrician but I have an interest, RCCB was tripping at least 3 times a day I couldn't find a fault so I replaced and it seemed to have solved the issues, but 3 days later the RCCB on the other side has tripped, dos anyone have any ideas please? I'm so annoyed I thought I fixed it but guess not. I was thinking both units need changing at the same time? Now I have put in a new RCCB the other side is old and is more sensitive? (10 years old) I’m just guessing can someone confirm this?
and what qualifications have you got if you house burns down !

I’m low on funds at the moment so I want to try and fix it myself before calling an electrician I brought the RCCB used very little off eBay for tenna it’s the same brand as the one I removed, It did trip between 1 and 6 times a day but since I replaced it’s the other side tripping once every 3 days so I can’t understand what the fault could be, no recent work has been done it’s been tripping for months.

Low on funds is no excuse if there is a underlying issue that may cause harm or even death. Get a spark in woth the right equipment who will be able to rectify it properly and give you peace of mind

Low on funds is no excuse if there is a underlying issue that may cause harm or even death. Get a spark in woth the right equipment who will be able to rectify it properly and give you peace of mind

You are right its dangerous to be frugal with this, I will call an electrician on pay day I can live with it tripping once every 3 day for now
Thanks for the warning.

Low on funds ..... Let's hope you don't have a defrosted freezer anytime soon?

TBH without test kit and the knowledge how to use it is what you need .....

You could help yourself and make a note each time it trips and see if there is any pattern

It sounds like a neutral to earth fault somewhere in the installation. This is of course , a very vague guess and it would require someone with the correct test instruments to further investigate the problem.
If your installation was running fine, then something has changed, usually it is human intervention in these circumstances.

OP.....wilko asked whereabouts are you. one of us may be close to assist without breaking your wallet.

Reply to Help with RCCB please in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock