Discuss help with schedule of inspections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

i=p/u

-
Arms
Reaction score
if you can help me along on the tick sheet cheers..

these are the faults i found today..

1.Cable duct not sealed C3

2. unterminated sy cable laying on floor (not live) C3

3. Rcd for additional protection not tripping in required times C2

4 no discrimination between protective devices C3

5. unterminated cable laying inside panel C3

Q. Does there need to be specific labelling for alternative supply? no fixed generator but has arrangement

1 what safety improvement are you recommending?
2 what safety improvement are you recommending?
3 yes it is potentially dangerous
4 needs more information,
5 what safety improvement are you recommending?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1.Cable duct not sealed C3
If the duct is required to be sealed then what is it sealing against, if the cable in the duct is not suitable for say water ingress and the duct cannot drain the water then this would give rise to danger. If the duct is not sealed and is in a dry area and the cable does not need protection of the insulation then this would be OK.

A piece of cable lying on the floor maybe a trip hazard but hardly comes under BS7671.

Assuming the RCD was tested with all loads disconnected then yes.

Does the lack of discrimination cause inconvenience or danger if not then this is not a problem, if it does affect the safety of the installation then the level of danger presented would narrow down the coding.

This is poor practice; is the cable live or dead? if live and the panel cannot be opened without the use of a tool then C2, if the panel can be opened then C1. If dead then a comment.

If there is no alternative supply present at the time of inspection then the point is moot as there is no alternative supply for which the arrangement need to be in place.

Cable duct not sealed C3

If the duct is required to be sealed then what is it sealing against, if the cable in the duct is not suitable for say water ingress and the duct cannot drain the water then this would give rise to danger. If the duct is not sealed and is in a dry area and the cable does not need protection of the insulation then this would be OK.
Reg. 527.2

A piece of cable lying on the floor maybe a trip hazard but hardly comes under BS7671.
Reg. 526.5

Assuming the RCD was tested with all loads disconnected then yes.
Reg. 415.1.1

Does the lack of discrimination cause inconvenience or danger if not then this is not a problem, if it does affect the safety of the installation then the level of danger presented would narrow down the coding.

as supplying water pumps and I'd say should be addressed

This is poor practice; is the cable live or dead? if live and the panel cannot be opened without the use of a tool then C2, if the panel can be opened then C1. If dead then a comment.
Reg. 526.5

If there is no alternative supply present at the time of inspection then the point is moot as there is no alternative supply for which the arrangement need to be in place.

???????

1 OK no fire sealing where required C2
2 That regulation is hardly relevant for a dead cable
3 as before
4 down to the inspector on the ground
5 again is it live or dead?

If the alternative supply is intended to be used on a regular basis then it would be advisable to have the prescribed notices in place, but at the time of inspection there is no alternative supply so the notices are not required, definitely one for a comment to ensure that if the arrangement is used at any time then the required notices should be put in place in all the relevant locations.

Reply to help with schedule of inspections in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net