Discuss Help with Wago instead of ceiling rose method in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the push in ones are OK for solid cable. lever type generally used if flex is involved. if you are connecting flex to the fitting, use the lever ones.

Unfortunately you can't buy experience and part p doesn't help you get that. If you want to do this get qualified IMO if in doubt get a spark in who can do it and job done.

No, the course just wired in ceiling roses. We covered 2 way switching with an intermediate switch. The job I'm asking about is far simpler in terms of wiring but I posted a practical question...

My point of asking a question on here is I am lacking practical experience and thought people could help. I am experienced enough (just with DIY) to know that few things, unless you install the whole thing yourself from scratch, fit an exact scenario. I was really hoping that my question wouldn't just result in criticism of the course of did or of the lack of my own practical experience which I made very clear from the outset...

Oh well.

I think a lot of the criticism is not aimed at yourself but the providers of these short courses,who take way too much money off people(im not sure how much you had to pay),what they should be doing is running through real world scenarios just like what you are asking,and at least you knew the sort of thing that was required,so your on the right path,and with working alongside qualified and experienced electricians you gain get the hands on skills

I'll tell you what I do if it helps. I fix the bracket to the ceiling ensuring it is secure and then I use a cable tie to hold the fitting to the bracket temporarily whilst I terminate the cables into the wago's etc. remove the cable tie and secure the fitting to the bracket. It works for me every time. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
good tip. use that myself on occasion. if no tiesto hand, a bit of cable stripped from the t/e does the trick.

Was not even things as simple as this covered in you DI course??
Hmmmmmmmm

I went to college for 2 evenings a week for 3 years, we did practical on tuesdays and theory on thursdays, in all those 3 years we never even looked at a red rawl plug let alone drilled a 5.5mm hole into a bit of masonary and used red rawl plugs with an 1/2" 8 and mounted anything onto a wall, luckily for me i was working fulltime as a trainee sparks, but i felt sorry for the guys who worked in office environments and had absolutley no experience of even handling a drill driver let alone using one, they were great at the theory but when they were in the workshop some of them couldnt even use a hammer!! college dont teach you everything

I'll tell you what I do if it helps. I fix the bracket to the ceiling ensuring it is secure and then I use a cable tie to hold the fitting to the bracket temporarily whilst I terminate the cables into the wago's etc. remove the cable tie and secure the fitting to the bracket. It works for me every time. Good luck

And there was me, worried that I hadn't learnt anything today. Ten minutes to go and I read this. Thanks for the tip!! Unbelievably simple

I went to college for 2 evenings a week for 3 years, we did practical on tuesdays and theory on thursdays, in all those 3 years we never even looked at a red rawl plug let alone drilled a 5.5mm hole into a bit of masonary and used red rawl plugs with an 1/2" 8 and mounted anything onto a wall, luckily for me i was working fulltime as a trainee sparks, but i felt sorry for the guys who worked in office environments and had absolutley no experience of even handling a drill driver let alone using one, they were great at the theory but when they were in the workshop some of them couldnt even use a hammer!! college dont teach you everything

I always said I learnt more on site than I did in the workshop bit of a no brainer really

Hi dgrs

Alana here from OLCI Construction Training.

I can see that you have a few questions about Part P. I would like to clarify this for you and any other questions that you may have.

Please give us a call on 0800 316 8100. Alternatively you can email me on [email protected] with a phone number and a suitable time to call you back.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Alana Fox

Reply to Help with Wago instead of ceiling rose method in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock