Discuss Hey Grandma, this is how you suck an egg. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

GBDamo

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Using YT2 lid to pull cables.

I regularly use this but my last success was epic, had to pull a HDMI and Electrak tap in (cable end with the 20mm thread and lock nut, not the plug silly) up a double boarded and insulated partition wall 40mm gap.

Hey Grandma, this is how you suck an egg. upload_2019-5-4_20-5-7 - EletriciansForums.net

Spent about half an hour with the above, as it looks more professional in front of new client, but it kept snagging the insulation and had a habit of wandering off with a mind of it's own. The one time I did get it through and taped on the HDMI it just started pulling all the insulation with it.

Hey Grandma, this is how you suck an egg. {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

The beauty of this is that it has the rigidity to slide against the back edge of the wall between the plasterboard and the insulation and goes up (up, always up, down's for girls) in a straight line, always, every time.

But no the sheer genius of this doesn't stop there you see, you can tape literally anything to the underside of the YT2 lid and it will go up between the insulation and plasterboard without snagging the insulation.

Every day of the week, with the added bonus that if you leave it on site...meh there's more on the van.

That one's on me;)

Yeah,but what about the waste MT2 after you've f****d the lid up...…..there's some tight baskets around, you know……...and don't say 'chop it down to make another draw lid' ffs ;)

Yeah,but what about the waste MT2 after you've f****d the lid up...…..there's some tight baskets around, you know……...and don't say 'chop it down to make another draw lid' ffs ;)
True, wait 'til they find out I do it with the sticky stuff too.

and don't spend £££s on expensive rods for fishing cables...
I use fibreglass rods from fabric shops...the places that sell curtain stuff.
You get rods 3 or 5 metres long, used for roman blinds, and they cost pennies..use tape on them to bind the cables...and if you lose some? pennies!
Particularly useful when working in lofts too...tape cable on one end, throw them over the joists, pull and connect!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Blin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A6BCCXPRXZR73F67K89R

Yeh but they are not
1) glued
2) indented
3) or crimped
And anyway, I’ve spent my £100 on my rod set so stop rubbing it in!
and don't spend £££s on expensive rods for fishing cables...
I use fibreglass rods from fabric shops...the places that sell curtain stuff.
You get rods 3 or 5 metres long, used for roman blinds, and they cost pennies..use tape on them to bind the cables...and if you lose some? pennies!
Particularly useful when working in lofts too...tape cable on one end, throw them over the joists, pull and connect!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Roman-Blin...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=A6BCCXPRXZR73F67K89R

There another way, also handy for pulling armoureds in, that and the 5 tonne lorry.

There another way, also handy for pulling armoureds in, that and the 5 tonne lorry.
funny that.i once used my Jeep Cherokee 4l to do a 120mm SWA 90 m. worked a treat and we got job and knock before dinner break.

a double reefer, followed by a sheepshag, add some insulation tape......eddy grant. .

always found 2 half hitches work. esp if cord is a bit wet.

Reply to Hey Grandma, this is how you suck an egg. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock