Discuss Hi all having problems with this heating system will hw stick on because of power on terminal? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

your wiring diagram doesn't make sense to me for a 2 port valve. A 2 port valve is simply an open and shut valve. It has the following wiring
Blue - neutral
green and yellow - earth
grey - permanent live
brown - switched live from thermostat (be it C/H or Hot water)
orange - switched live out to boiler.

The valve is normally closed and opens when it gets a switched live to the brown. When it opens a micro switch inside connects grey to orange which signals the boiler to fire.

How is your myson wired at moment

Hi yes my grey has permanent live from ch sw and when valve opens it sends power threw orange to hw terminal where boiler cable is also connected
I need to keep boiler cable in hw terminal so I can have hw only
Thanks for the reply

Cheers lads but there is no valve on hw (if there was it would solve it)
There is no cylinder stat either
(Called out just to put room stat on system)
Need hw only for summer when room stat isn't calling for heat
Thanks for input

Still wouldn't solve it correctly, you need a zone valve to open/close the primary to the cylinder coil and a cylinder stat to regulate the temperature of the hot water. Regulating it on the boiler stat is not the way to do it.

Work with a wet pants to upgrade it to an S plan.

It must be gravity hot water then eg no pump and 28mm pipes

So

Hot water
Prog (hot water)
Boiler

Heating
Prog (heating)
Room stat
Pump and boiler

Hot water is pumped aswell
Pump is in garage beside boiler
One cable feeding both
Is it ok to have power at hw terminal when hw switch is in off position?

You sure you haven't got a y plan then as that sends power when off upload a pic of the valve

Reply to Hi all having problems with this heating system will hw stick on because of power on terminal? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock