Discuss Hi all, mature trainee here... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi Lads,

Glad to have found this site could definately do with the experienced sparkys in here...

Just let you know currently coming to the end of the c&g 2365 level 2 fast track running approx a year....

hoping to do the level 3 2365 @ optima. ect in west bromich, anyone had experience of the fast track level 3 there?
Its 2 weeks on then two weeks off, total class room time of 6 weeks...

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi and welcome along.

2365 assignments were a bit of a brain strain at first, but get together with other learners if you can to discuss ideas, I'm not saying do it all the same but it'll probably help all of you with your design choices and ideas. How long is the whole level 3 course? I spent 2 years at college, 2-3 nights a week plus a shed load of home study/work for assignments. You won't learn a lot in 6 weeks apart from how to pass the exams and not a lot else

Sent from the moon using telepathy

Cheers marty,

Thanks for the advice...I am coming to the end of my level 2 2365 and I have enjoyed the maths and practical side of it, but with over 30 students I think the course was over subscribed. Workshop classes at the start were difficult because we did not always have enough teachers/technicians to help out hence the reason for me to want to do the fast track at Optima Electrical Compliance Testing. The classes are smaller, its slightly cheaper and the level 3 is more about theory then practical work, so it would ideally be down to me to put in more effort after classes. I have been told if you are on the Level 3 2365 you really should be at least working as a electricians mate in the industry because you can only go so far in the classroom.

If you can try find a local college, you may even be lucky enough to get part funding or a student loan (I did)

If you can try find a local college, you may even be lucky enough to get part funding or a student loan (I did)

Yeah Marty I can apply for the loan but for me its about the time it takes approx 15 months to do the level 3 of an evening class over two days, having done the level 2 fast track I cant see myself doing the 15 months.

My dilemma is more to do with the fact that its 6 weeks and the fact that will I actually learn anything and any employer seeing the that ive done this course in over 3 months in total actually take me on... I think I am capable as I pretty much sailed through the level 2 with all distinctions, not boasting or anything....

Yeah Marty I can apply for the loan but for me its about the time it takes approx 15 months to do the level 3 of an evening class over two days, having done the level 2 fast track I cant see myself doing the 15 months.

My dilemma is more to do with the fact that its 6 weeks and the fact that will I actually learn anything and any employer seeing the that ive done this course in over 3 months in total actually take me on... I think I am capable as I pretty much sailed through the level 2 with all distinctions, not boasting or anything....

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is massive difference between level 2 and level 3. I flew though level 2 with distinctions getting 100% or very close in the majority of exams, level 3 is a different ball game, how you would do it in six weeks is beyond me! Taken me the last week to do one assignment on level 305 and previous to that about four weeks of proper studying to do the 302. Knowing what I know now I am very suspicious of anyone who says they have done it in six weeks. Perhaps if the instructor stands at the front and says in a loud voice "You will need this for your exam hint, hint!" but when you get in the real world and have to stand on your own two feet you will know jack. I consider that I am fairly intelligent, I have already completed an apprenticeship and worked as a cable joiner for as DNO, have a degree etc etc. If you seriously want to learn and not just have a piece of paper to say you have passed then a longer course would be advisable. You will also need to complete a 2357 conversion and NVQ portfolio after the 2365 (L3). Good Luck.

Just want to thank all you guys for your advice uts really been apperciated and it has also made me change my mind..... ive decided to go and do the level 3 at college rather then this fast track route ....rolyberkin your comment about piece of paper over learning convinced me so thanks again

it is the way to go. cramming it all into 6 weeks will not allow you time to absorb it all and more importantly, over a longer therm, it will give you the time to a). research anything you need more knowledge about: and b). get some practical hands=on.

yippee. 2 posts for the price of 1. laptop froze then went bananas. where's GMES when there's a glut of bananas.

yippee. 2 posts for the price of 1. laptop froze then went bananas. where's GMES when there's a glut of bananas. hang on though. we need to get the micrometer out.determine whether or not the bananas meet the EU standards on curvature: the mass spectrograph to see if they are too green: and most important, make sure IS are not importing explosive or fissionable material in the guise of bananas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtD4mn9CeH4

Last edited:
yippee. 2 posts for the price of 1. laptop froze then went bananas. where's GMES when there's a glut of bananas.

I thought old age had kicked in and you had started to repeat yourself, I deleted your duplicate Rambling :13:

wernt me, was the forum. posted the reply. got the "leave tis page" blurb. hit the button then voila, 2 posts.

I couldn't get on for 10 minutes. Not that any of you lot would have missed me.

Hi I trained there and did my level 3 2365 with them. There is a lot to learn but i didnt find it too demanding. I did the weekday option, so it was 2 weeks on and two weeks off over 10 or 12 weeks. Like I said, there is a lot to learn but being there full time worked for me. I only had one other guy studying on our course so we all just cracked on with it to be honest. Its a small college with 3 or 4 teachers. Nice bunch of guys, I found it great,, it suited me and I passed. I dont feel i missed out in anything at all. Like i said, it suited me with my job at the time. I Was thinking about doing the level 4 course they are running there but finding it difficult to work around the times. Good luck whichever you choose.

Reply to Hi all, mature trainee here... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock