Discuss Hi all, question about notfiable work as I'm qualified but not registered yet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys, so any (quick) advise on this will be appreciated, I've got my part P, 17th and 94/95 qualifications however I'm not registered yet. So how do I go about issuing Certs and who should I contact to notify my work? I'm in London..

What do you mean youve got part p??
Good question. I've always wondered how you get a qualification in a Building Regulation.!

Clinton, you can go write out certs, once you have done the necessary testing.

For notification, you either contact the LABC and raise a Building Notice for each job (expensive), or join one of the schemes that let you notify for a couple of quid a time.,

More info here

a squire? one belonging to the knights that say Ni ?

400px-Knightni.jpg

how come a gas man does his reg every 5 years, and sparks every year with a money grapping schemes
providers I forgot is it help them to pay for a new call centre (niceic), is it plc company yet

A lot of work doesn't need notification.
Only new CUs, work within the zones of a bath/shower room or a new circuit require notification.
Just issue EICs and MEIWCs as normal.

"Haha - yes sorry not "qualified in Part P" but still wrote a test on it" Could you explain what this statement means, exactly?

Good question. I've always wondered how you get a qualification in a Building Regulation.!

Clinton, you can go write out certs, once you have done the necessary testing.

For notification, you either contact the LABC and raise a Building Notice for each job (expensive), or join one of the schemes that let you notify for a couple of quid a time.,

More info here
It's simple, look....
"If you are an experienced electrician looking to upgrade your knowledge and qualifications to encompass the Part P building regulations, this course was made for you. The City & Guilds 2393 Part P will help prove your competence and knowledge of the Part P building regulations which will help when you need to register with a governing body and work as a domestic Part P installer.

This Level 3 Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings 2393-10 is for qualified and experienced electricians. "

What a load of rollocks. so your an experienced electrician, and you need to shell out £180 for a one day course to become a part "P" expert.

Hi guys, so any (quick) advise on this will be appreciated, I've got my part P, 17th and 94/95 qualifications however I'm not registered yet. So how do I go about issuing Certs and who should I contact to notify my work? I'm in London..

Have you got a suitable Level 3 qualification as per the Part P legislation at Electrotechnical Assessment Specification - EAS - IET Electrical - http://electrical.------.org/building-regulations/eas/index.cfm ? If not you will struggle to register with a scheme, if you haven't some schemes allow exemptions for proven experience.

Without sounding blunt you can write a certificate, you cannot notify work unless you either pre-notify the local building control (LABC) prior to work starting, work under a building control notice (for an extension) or pay a fee to the LABC.

Its training centres using the part p building regs document that people have vaguely heard of, rewording it and turning it into a money making one day course which gives you nothing extra qualification wise! THERE IS NO PART P COURSE PEOPLE!

Its training centres using the part p building regs document that people have vaguely heard of, rewording it and turning it into a money making one day course which gives you nothing extra qualification wise! THERE IS NO PART P COURSE PEOPLE!

There is a course and there is a qualification, City & Guilds 2393. Whether it is of any benefit to anyone is another matter. I undertook this course together with 2392 on my return to the industry. Did I get value for money for the 2393, or could I just of read the electricians building regs book, not sure. :)

There is a course and there is a qualification, City & Guilds 2393. Whether it is of any benefit to anyone is another matter. I undertook this course together with 2392 on my return to the industry. Did I get value for money for the 2393, or could I just of read the electricians building regs book, not sure. :)

Well i doubt any credible employer would be impressed with that one day qualification! Im certainly not

Seeing though I'm a sole trader, I'm easily pleased. As an aby, when I did it there was one student, who ran a smallish company. He was under the illusion that doing said course entitle him to do notifications without being in a scheme. He should of read the course details!

Surely if you have shelled out a lot of cash to get a "Part P" qualification, the instructors should have gone through exactly what that actually means, and what you can do without notification. Why did you complete a part P course if it hasn't culminated in you joining one of the schemes at the end of it?

Reply to Hi all, question about notfiable work as I'm qualified but not registered yet? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net