Discuss Hi all in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Farouq Din

just wanted to quickly introduce myself and need some of your advice.

A little about me. I'm an IT professional for the past 15 years. I've started to learn the basics in electrical and can change electrical sockets. I've learnt this via online and brother in law. As probably you can tell I'm a complete novice!

The work am doing which I need some advice is to replace a fused socket on a 2kw dimplex heater and swap this for a programmable fused switch.

I've opened the fused socket and looked at the connections where the live, neutral and earth wires go. I've also then checked the programmable fused switch which all looks reasonably the same. The area that I'm slightly confused is the earth wire where their is more than two. It's actually three.

Do I place this in the same screw slot as the other earth wires? I've uploaded some pics for reference.

Hi all IMG_8603.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8604.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8722.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8723.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8724.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8725.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8726.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Hi all IMG_8727.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome to the forum.
All three earth wires are connected in the same terminal. You have one from the storage heater, one from the incoming power supply and one from the back box (probably).
The red and black supply cables go into the top terminals and the brown and blue storage heater cables go in the bottom terminals matching the correct wire to the labelled terminal.
L= red or brown N=black or blue E= green/yellow

Reply to Hi all in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock