Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Hi everyone new member here in the New Member Introductions area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. andy999

andy999 EF Member

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Andy and I recently went through a mid life crisis and in the process of changing careers, I've done my level 2 in evening classes and loved every second of it and look forward to doing my level 3.
    Recently bought a house and hoping to be more hands on and make a career out renovating old houses anyway first time using forums so not sure what to expect.

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    welcometo the asylum of electrickery. you should fitin nicely. goodluck with your lrvel 3 and your renovation projects.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Welcome along.
    I hope you are doing a lot more courses on brickwork, plastering, window fitting, plumbing, ventilation, construction, etc, etc. if you are renovating houses!
    There is often a lot more wrong in a house than at first appears, just as a, no doubt already known, caveat.

At least you are doing the sensible and educational course first rather than all those other foolish trades, or am I maybe a fraction biased?
    I hope you enjoy the forum and the plans go forward as planned.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rpa07

Rpa07 2000 posts - only 46379 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    Welcome Andy, mid life crisis? At least you didn't spend all of your savings on a gold plated Harley!
    Enjoy the forum and if you've liked level 2 then get on the search button and look at the threads going back to 2008, tons of excellent advice and theory available to a hungry mind.

• Like Like x 1
  5. andy999

andy999 EF Member

That took me ages to find the quote button, luckily its not the first property I've renovated BUT it is the first time I'll be hands on wiring the whole place I can't wait to start, you can never be too biased in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  6. andy999

andy999 EF Member

Thanks for the warm welcome! and I'm already finding a wealth of info on here its great!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Leader

Leader Electrician's Arms

Welcome. I Recently followed my dream of property development, my first renovation project was a great learning curve for all trades! Happily it went well and the sale completed on Wednesday and we're now looking for our next place. It's a really rewarding "job" if you do t mind getting your hands (very) dirty, good luck with it.