Discuss Hi im new here ! Advice for wiring cooker in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello all ! Im not an electrician. Have no electrical back ground . Im just looking for a bit of advice. My cooker has packed in so im going to buy a new one. I am going to install it myself . seen alot of videos it looks simple enough. The thing im unsure about is . In wall socket there Live and Neutral cables but there are two earth cables. Is this normal Thanks for any advice AndrewHi im new here ! Advice for wiring cooker upload_2018-10-30_6-21-40 - EletriciansForums.net

Hello all ! Im not an electrician. Have no electrical back ground . Im just looking for a bit of advice. My cooker has packed in so im going to buy a new one. I am going to install it myself . seen alot of videos it looks simple enough. The thing im unsure about is . In wall socket there Live and Neutral cables but there are two earth cables. Is this normal Thanks for any advice AndrewView attachment 45345
I did wonder about that, it's early brain not fully active yet, but Sidecar Man has come up with the goods, need more coffee I think.

Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)
Have you selected the new cooker?

Hello and Welcome to the Forum :)
Have you selected the new cooker?
hi! yes i have selected a Bush Dhbet50w cooker from argos . so i guess the wiring in the socket is normal ?. I just match live to live,earth to earth, (Even though there are two cable their already) and neutral to Neutral

How does the current rating of the new oven compare to the old one?

When you get your new cooker, it will not come with cable that connects the cooker to the wall plate.
See product manual

So, you need to keep the existing connecting cable.
Firstly, turn off the power to the cooker circuit (is there a switch on the wall?) and disconnect the cable at the cooker end.

Insulate the bare ends of the cable. Then all you need to do is to connect the L N and E conductors to the new cooker.

Please please make absolutely certain that the power is off before you do anything. Use a test meter, or two-probe voltage indicator to make absolutely sure.

When you get your new cooker, it will not come with cable that connects the cooker to the wall plate.
See product manual

Firstly, turn off the power to the cooker circuit (is there a switch on the wall?) and disconnect the cable at the cooker end.

Insulate the bare ends of the cable. Then all you need to do is to connect the L N and E conductors to the new cooker.

Please please make absolutely certain that the power is off before you do anything. Use a test meter, or two-probe voltage indicator to make absolutely sure.
Thanks for the Advice . I had to change the cooker i will purchase as they cant deliver untill next week. i have bought an essentials cfte60w17 60 cm electric solid plate cooker. i cant see any maual for this . I know everything above still applies . But will there be a power cable attached to this one . or is it standard practice cookers come without cable. Thanks in advance for the advice

See product manual

Be sure that it's a new one if you buy Fluke

Fluke Corporation has identified a safety issue affecting certain Fluke T110, T130, and T150 Two-Pole Voltage Testers (“T-Pole Testers”).
As a precautionary measure, Fluke has decided to voluntarily recall all of these products and provide affected customers with new and improved equivalent replacement products.
Follow the link below to see if your Fluke tester is affected by the recall and what are the steps you need to take in order to have it replaced:
Fluke Two-Pole Tester recall information

It won’t come with cable. Keep the one you’ve got.

Yes. Page 16. You’ll need the old cable. Or treat yourselves to a new one.

Reply to Hi im new here ! Advice for wiring cooker in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock