Discuss Hi! Just another one passing through. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi! Just thought I'd register as I've been lurking around in the background for a while, and found lots of helpful & interesting bits and pieces on this forum over the years. Software engineer by profession, full amateur radio license holder, and often play around in circuit design / microcontroller programming as a hobby too. (It's a surprisingly cheap hobby these days - costs of both components and custom PCB manufacture are insanely good value now.)

I've done bits and pieces of home electrics every so often as the need has arisen - I like to think I do things safely and thoroughly, make sure I have the correct test equipment to hand for the task at hand and stay away from anything notifiable, but I'm sure there's various bits and pieces I can still learn and improve on!

Thanks all!

Rob - pretty much anything, but my current role is backend payments related. Nothing to keep you on your toes like making sure money gets collected from the right places at the right times and into the right accounts! ;-)

Welcome dude....me dad's a ham,so you will be excused any eccentricities...;)

You be better tell Rob about yer software...or you're gonna get water poured on that towel across your face...:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Another one just passing through...mmmhmm sounds a little bit like a biological function occurring let us hope that is not the case. Welcome anyway rather than pass through, stay and enjoy and contribute perhaps?

Another one just passing through...mmmhmm sounds a little bit like a biological function occurring let us hope that is not the case. Welcome anyway rather than pass through, stay and enjoy and contribute perhaps?

I meant passing through the "New Members Introductions" section rather than the forums or, heaven forbid, some kind of biological function! Planning on contirbuting where I can :)

Welcome Almond Sauce .
(Nut allergy ?)
Not a lover of ever smaller smd C,R s come back 1206 !
No nut allergy fortunately. It's just a completely random name :)

Ever smaller SMD is a royal pain when you're trying to fix something else, but fortunately the larger sizes are still plentiful if you want to incorporate them into something you're designing from scratch. Usually if space isn't an issue and it's a simple design I still tend to go for thru-hole, I'm lazy ;-) 1206 is certainly a "nice" SMD size though. A massive space saver over thru-hole while still being reasonable to work with. Smallest I'll go to without throwing my toys out the pram is 0603; I tend to give up soon after that.

I get more annoyed by the proliferation of chips these days that are only available in very fine pitch BGA or similar... the days of being able to grab the latest micro and whack it into a standard breadboard off the shelf appear to be gone now!

Reply to Hi! Just another one passing through. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock