Discuss Hi, just joined - working in the EV industry. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

kdac

Hello,

Good on to be hear.

I'm a former Part P spark, worked in the Solar industry, now working for a Tesla Motors (Electric car maker) as their installation manager for UK & Ireland.

hoping to connect with other electricians and elctric so engineers - in particular those either already working in the EV (electric vehicle), battery storage and Solar industries or interested in getting into it.

Would lda love to hear about people's experiences so far and hope I can occasionally pick the collective forum's brain.

Very happy to share my experience so far, with the emerging EV infrastructure sector and looking to recruit some top class engineers/sparks soon.

Hi there,
Just joined myself. In 2012 I was involved in looking at installing banks of chargers in the Carpark at the new QE Hospital in Birmingham. The problem then was the cost of supplies to install, as they were quite long runs, typically over 2 - 300m, and they required that 6 vehicles could pull up at once, and recharge in a typical 1 hour visitors slot. We were working on it with Schneider, but the finances went elsewhere and it never happened.
Has the technology moved on a bit since then?
Cheers
Chris Warr.

Reply to Hi, just joined - working in the EV industry. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Welcome to Accelleo! We are excited to present an excellent opportunity for Electronic Engineers to work within the Security and Defence space...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm currently working towards getting qualified as an electrician and am hoping to get my foot in the door with an apprenticeship or...
Replies
Views
Dear Members, My name is Abdulhakim am from kenya, i work with an electrical company by name Link-up Power Engineers dealing with industrial...
Replies
Views
I'm 41 and looking at a new 'DEI' course, partially funded by my current employer. Not currently thinking of making the leap to a full time spark...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is my background for anyone that’s interested . I served a 4 year apprenticeship (1979 to 83), got HNC electrical engineering, also...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock