Discuss hi/low beam led indicater issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

jonboy32_nz

[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] i have a problem ..on my motor cycle headlight im running a 3 way switch ..left (low beam) middle(power) and right ( high beam ) switch works fine switches between low and high ...the problem on having is ive run a blue led indicater light straight off the high beam wire and when i switch to low beam the led still comes on but not as bright ...i know i need a diode or resister or somthing to drop the voltage so any slight voltage getting to the led wont let it light up but the question is what exactly do i need[/FONT]

what voltage is there across the LED when high beam is selected?

i have a problem ..on my motor cycle headlight im running a 3 way switch ..left (low beam) middle(power) and right ( high beam ) switch works fine switches between low and high ...the problem on having is ive run a blue led indicater light straight off the high beam wire and when i switch to low beam the led still comes on but not as bright ...i know i need a diode or resister or somthing to drop the voltage so any slight voltage getting to the led wont let it light up but the question is what exactly do i need

First off what is your bike. I cant think of a bike that switches from dip to main going left or right. In doing so crossing the surly you would lose all lights for a split second.
Most bikes you switch the lights on then there is a seperate switch for main/dip.

I have just rewired my Trike using led light for the panel lighting and i have not used a diode. Are you using 12 volt LED's ?

You should not need

Reply to hi/low beam led indicater issue in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net