Discuss Hi Newbie here....... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Squid

Was an apprenticed electrician a good while back, ex EIL and Matthew Hall sparks then went in to other things. Looking for advice to get back in to the game so need some advice as what I will need to do to get back up to speed.

I was JIB graded and did my 236/1 + 236/2 a long time ago, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

SWD

Welcome to the forum mate.

18th ed. when it comes out next year. if you want a JIB/ECS card, you may qualify for mature entry to get a gold card.

Whats the easiest route to apply for the JIB/ECS card electrix and are you calling me old, mature entry pfffft ;o))))))

Thanks for the link, I qualified in 1985 so I'd say it makes me an old fart around here........ only trouble been out of the game a while so need to come back up to speed and regs to get the qualifications in order.

The link seems to be more for someone who has beed doing the "job" but never qualified?

Just phoned the JIB and they still have me on the system as an electrician and it seems that all I need to do is pass a H+S test and apply for the ECS card, seems scary than in a few weeks I could be let loose with my ancient PYRO and Elliot Lucas tools....... ;o))))

To get fully up to spec I assume I need to pass the latest regs.

Just phoned the JIB and they still have me on the system as an electrician and it seems that all I need to do is pass a H+S test and apply for the ECS card, seems scary than in a few weeks I could be let loose with my ancient PYRO and Elliot Lucas tools....... ;o))))

To get fully up to spec I assume I need to pass the latest regs.
the H&S test is a simple multichoice. cost about £40 to take it. then do the 18th next year. sorted.

Are there any on line test papers that I can check up or read up on the H&S test?

Are there any on line test papers that I can check up or read up on the H&S test?
there's a small booklet with all the possible questions in. answers at the back. think it's about £15.

also there's this:
ECS Test Simulator with official questions | -----------.co.uk - http://www.-----------.co.uk/ECS/ECS-test-simulator.php

Balls, did the simulator without any reading up and got 80%, will need to study. I haven't done one of these in years and the last one was for the Pink Card at LUL.

well, i just tried it and only just beat you with 85%,

Reply to Hi Newbie here....... in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock