Discuss High efficiency PV panel source (one-off qty) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What are we like eh? Just can't help ourselves.
innit.

think I'll be exiting this thread, gave the benefit of the doubt but got proved wrong again.

you're all over the place with your requests actually, you mention 100 or 200Wp panels, then give an example of a 2m x 1m 290Wp panel, so don't be surprised if you then get alternatives to the 290Wp panel. You've had as much assistance from me as you're getting anyway - try either of the suppliers Julian mentioned.

Well, as someone who does know a little about PV, I do feel it is a shame that the Op did not listen, the people that were trying to help you have a vast amount of knowledge, I have seen this so many times where people think they know about Pv and just want the highest performing panels, when in fact what they really need is proper system design.

This is something for you to dwell on though, Because of how/where your panels will be mounted you might as well throw your STC figures in the bin, so how you are calculating what inverter you will be using is quite beyond me.
This is something only someone with vast experience will be able to do.

so how you are calculating what inverter you will be using is quite beyond me.
This is something only someone with vast experience will be able to do.
actually tbf it's pretty straightforward as he's running a basic 12V offgrid system using battery storage, so the panels aren't much relevance to the inverter. He'll need a decent MPPT charge control unit designed to work well with the voltage and ampage range of the panels though.

To be honest, it's a long time since I did any battery work, back then I know we would aim to get the voltage point of the panels around the right voltage to be able to charge the batteries with or without a controller, to make the system as robust as possible - ie it'd work anyway if the charge controller broke as long as you paid attention and controlled it manually. This seems to have gone out of fashion, presumably as the MPPT controllers have improved, and I can see the argument when high efficiency panels are only available at higher voltages, but erm yeah it weren't like that when I were a lad and all this was fields.

Reply to High efficiency PV panel source (one-off qty) in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock