Discuss Highbay led replacement. 25 characters?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi,

My father in law has a unit based in daventry.

He asked if I could come up with some energy saving solutions as the bills are really high.

Upon investigation the most obvious cause was the amount of inefficient lighting.

Throughout the unit they have

10x 5ft, 58w tubes.
9x highbay with 250w halide tubes.
13x, 4x18w ceiling tile fittings.
Numerous other light fittings scattered.

The lighting above is bunched into areas. The main open workshop area has the highways, the tile ceiling fittings are in the office and the tubes are scattered around stairs and walkways.

Because of this I've decided to approach them in sections. I can easily replace the office tile fittings with led tile equivalent and can replace the tubes with either led retrofit tubes or new led fittings. However, I'm a little stuck with the highbay lights. Easiest option seems to be a led replacement tube but I cannot find an equivalent with a ges fitment.

Do any of you know of a good replacement that won't loose too much light output compared to the original tubes (21,600 lumens per tube)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

My father in law has a unit based in daventry.

He asked if I could come up with some energy saving solutions as the bills are really high.

Upon investigation the most obvious cause was the amount of inefficient lighting.

Throughout the unit they have

10x 5ft, 58w tubes.
9x highbay with 250w halide tubes.
13x, 4x18w ceiling tile fittings.
Numerous other light fittings scattered.

The lighting above is bunched into areas. The main open workshop area has the highways, the tile ceiling fittings are in the office and the tubes are scattered around stairs and walkways.

Because of this I've decided to approach them in sections. I can easily replace the office tile fittings with led tile equivalent and can replace the tubes with either led retrofit tubes or new led fittings. However, I'm a little stuck with the highbay lights. Easiest option seems to be a led replacement tube but I cannot find an equivalent with a ges fitment.

Do any of you know of a good replacement that won't loose too much light output compared to the original tubes (21,600 lumens per tube)

Thanks in advance
LED corn lamps ? but if it were me ,i would replace with 145 watt LED ufo's

Yeh I'm doing that as well. In the office area and the workshop I'm going to install motion sensors as sometimes during delivery period and production periods various areas may not be in use.

I will ring ansell and talk to them but looking online first.

Ledhut are usually pretty good so looking at them now. They do a 100w led for £130

100W IP20 LED Linear High Bay - SAMSUNG Chip - Meanwell Driver - LED Linear High Bay - LED Bay Lighting - Commercial LED Lighting - https://trade.ledhut.co.uk/commercial-led-lighting/led-high-bay-lights/led-linear-high-bays/ip20-led-high-bay-100w-meanwell-driver-clear-diffuser.html

The original metal halide has a lumen output of 19k but these have lumen output of 11k. Will that be really noticeable over 9 fittings?

I wouldn't touch LED Hut even for cheap GU10 lamps let alone costly high bay fittings. Far better with Ansell - I don't think they will sell to you direct though, would need to go through your wholesaler

Well in all fairness iv only ever used ledhut for small orders so thanks for the heads up. I'd rather design and do this job properly.

I've looked at the multiray led 165w.

Relux says 2 rows of 6 fittings will produce 387lux using the workshop floor measurements.

I may take the lux meter over and see what the unit is measuring currently so as to create a direct comparison

Reply to Highbay led replacement. 25 characters?? in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net