Discuss Hikvision driving me mad in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have a purchased a Hikvision kit - 204G-F1.
Can't get it to work properly, just turns on for a split second, then turns off and beep constantly.

I've tried getting in touch with Hikvision themselves. They told me to press the power button off then back on. It doesn't have a power button.

Any advice?

little rocker switch on the back of the DVR.

just trying out some 2nd hand gear a customer has bought. bloody hikvision. can't test anything as the video out is not there, it's just a hole with a blank grommet in. close by is a usb port and another one labelled hdmi, whatever that is. how the hell can i even connect to monitor or test equipment with no BNC output?

I’m not familiar with your screws, obviously failing during boot up tests, some require a single camera feed which doesn’t apply in your case as it still failed, maybe it’s looking for a hard drive as some come without?

This is the concern with hikvision and a concern that's been around for sometime. That's why you won't find any hikvision installed on any government facility or public infrastructure in the UK.

I've been installing hik since it pretty much hit the UK market. Everything from the basic to the most complicated monitored systems. The cameras and tech built into them and there NVR isn't really something new. It just seems like it is because the tech is now available at half the price of the likes of Avigilon who have been doing it for years.

With regards to this fault and correct me if I'm wrong but, it sounds like you are using their turbo range are your cameras and NVR POC? (Power over coax)

This is the concern with hikvision and a concern that's been around for sometime. That's why you won't find any hikvision installed on any government facility or public infrastructure in the UK.

I've been installing hik since it pretty much hit the UK market. Everything from the basic to the most complicated monitored systems. The cameras and tech built into them and there NVR isn't really something new. It just seems like it is because the tech is now available at half the price of the likes of Avigilon who have been doing it for years.

With regards to this fault and correct me if I'm wrong but, it sounds like you are using their turbo range are your cameras and NVR POC? (Power over coax)

I won't be using HIK Vision again, who do you suggest for me to use in the future

Reply to Hikvision driving me mad in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net