Discuss Hive or Nest....what's your preference? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

polo1

-
Arms
Reaction score
With all the recent posts about "how do I....." on these systems and as the title, if you have been installing either or both of these control systems, do you rate one over the other?

I’ve fitted both and am now a Nest pro installer.
Personally I think the Nest thermostat still has the edge over the Hive and others with their advanced features and far better technical support.

Plus buying a Hive is putting money in British gas’ pockets.

Thanks Dave. I’ve done a couple of Nest installs and have to say I was quite impressed with the system. I’ve had some “which do you recommend” questions, but with only installing Nest, I didn’t feel able to offer advice.
Agree with the BG comment!

Neither.

I installed a Salus IT 500 in our place over 4 years ago and it does the job I want it too.

I've installed these for clients to

I have a Nest at home and TBH I like the interface and options you get with it. And as davesparks has said, no money in BGs pocket.

Neither.

I installed a Salus IT 500 in our place over 4 years ago and it does the job I want it too.

I've installed these for clients to

I’ve installed two of the salus units a few years ago and found them to be very basic compared to the Nest, they didn’t even have any home/away assist, automatic schedule setting or true radiant equivalent system!
For a modern intelligent control system that is just not acceptable.

ha ha for a minute I thought you fellows were talking about the flying pests such as wasps and hornets! and to be honest i don't like either one of those.
anyhow I read up a little on nest and hive thermostats and apps and both seem good

Have installed both. Prefer the nests for same reasons as above.
I have had my one since they came out, great bit of kit.
Has anyone tried nests fire alarm detector?

Reply to Hive or Nest....what's your preference? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock