Discuss Holiday 2017 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

The Misses and I have been discussing what we should do for our holiday next year. Our son will be 18 and our daughter will be 16 having done her GCSE's.

My idea is to go to Florida, rent a villa with a pool for 2 weeks and do some of the park's, Kennedy and some sight seeing.

Ouch it's, expensive but it could be our last family holiday, and we've not been to the USA.

Thoughts?

Thanks

Never been to the States but have friend and family that have bought property in Florida. Must admit I have no desire at all to head that far west. Did Sri Lanka summer before last .. and really enjoyed. Family are itching to go back. We only did 7 days before going to Maldives. Loads to see... historic sites, safaris, good food, good hotels, great people.

We've been to Sarasota a few times, it's nice. Friends of ours have a house right on the beach. Only down side is it's about a 1.5/2 hour drive to Disney world Orlando.

Better check with your kids before you commit.
At 16 and 18 especially your Son, they may not want to go with you.

Might save you at least 1 ticket.

I'm off to Arizona next year, but only because my Son is working out there for 2 years.

Nice idea Murdoch I get what you mean, but I am sure it wont be your last family holiday. My youngest is 22 the rest have fled the nest but we still holiday together.As well as apart.
In fact we are off to Tenerife in the new year with my daughter her partner and 2 grandchildren.
And we ALL had a cheeky midweek at Butlins together.(big family as I have 8 children)
Sure it will be a holiday to remember I never had the cash to take mine that far.

You won't go wrong with Florida and the parks. Rent a car and you can do what you want. You'll get a chance to relax, shop, eat and enjoy the culture! Florida is not so difficult so go and enjoy. Spend a couple of months securing a good price, some include the parks tickets.
I always like looking in the 'home depot' type shops - take a little spends for your tool kit and research tool makes before you go (remember to take orders from the forum)!

Better check with your kids before you commit.
At 16 and 18 especially your Son, they may not want to go with you.

Might save you at least 1 ticket.

I'm off to Arizona next year, but only because my Son is working out there for 2 years.

Interestingly the daughter says she isn't interested so the alternative suggestion is 2 weeks camping in the Lakes, with walking every day!

Well the one for my bucket list is me and our lass doing Route 66 , soft top mustang and the full package.

Take them on a surf & sail holiday to Greece. Kids will pal up with other kids and have great fun learning new sport and the 'apres sail' in the evenings is great fun.

Hah, my two lads went with us to Florida when they were 19 & 17, and we didn't need to twist their wrists. If you only went there to use the parks, you would have a great time.

Minimum of two weeks, buy entrance tickets over there. Pick the time you go there wisely 'cos of the heat, storms and local holidays.

Reply to Holiday 2017 in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net