Discuss Holiday: Nervous leaving the business for a week! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why is it that wherever you fly on holiday, at least one leg will depart an some ungodly hour?
and, yes please! More pics of dodgy Spanish electrics! I just can't get enough!
(Yes, still in depeche mode, but I'm getting better)

That's where I was a couple weeks ago, Murdoch.... Lake District.
Not fun towing a caravan through the narrow roads though.

Don’t you leave it on a caravan site?

Got a transporter now, so looking over the stone walls will be easy .... some of the narrow roads may get interesting though .... time to get the misses to drive maybe !

anyone flying to Spain or wherever soon, do not watch Air Crash Investigation (on Nat. Geo.) the day before. my lad has been to Spain a few times with mates and every time the landlady of their local has put it on the pub telly the night before they go.

I had to tow the caravan TO a site in the first place. We were at Ambleside, but had days out in Kendal, Keswick, Coniston and Windermere.

Coniston water was the lake where the Blubird speedboat crashed

anyone flying to Spain or wherever soon, do not watch Air Crash Investigation (on Nat. Geo.) the day before. my lad has been to Spain a few times with mates and every time the landlady of their local has put it on the pub telly the night before they go.
I know a girl whomgoes travelling alot, but she is petrified of flying. So I have often sent her videos of planes crashes in the build up to her next trip. Went away as group once and we was sat at the airport could see she was getting tense so asked what she would do if the pilots wife had left him that morning and he was feeling suicidal, got a slap for that one.

While we are talking about holidays to Spain...

192e3c963aa68c7f0555c601ee9575dc--famous-tombstones-grave-markers.jpg

@Leesparkykent do you have a trusted employe to transfer your number to or do you shut down for a week. Interested to see how others do it!
Im in a partnership mate but my role is mainly out on site running jobs, mucking in etc and my partners role is more office based and mucking in when required. One of our sparks will take my role whilst I'm away. Just a busy time for us ATM...lots of jobs finishing, started 15 flats last Wednesday etc so prob not the best time to be away....you don't really know though when your booking a holiday 9 months ago.

".you don't really know though when your booking a holiday 9 months ago."
Wise words LSK! However, all work and no play...
If you have children you are constrained by school holidays, so have to book early for a reasonable deal...but there will always be work, there won't always be holiday with your children...
and, an added benefit...there will be holidays later, without the children!
Aye, hard to walk away when you are busy..but it is essential for a good life, imho.

Im in a partnership mate but my role is mainly out on site running jobs, mucking in etc and my partners role is more office based and mucking in when required. One of our sparks will take my role whilst I'm away. Just a busy time for us ATM...lots of jobs finishing, started 15 flats last Wednesday etc so prob not the best time to be away....you don't really know though when your booking a holiday 9 months ago.
There's never a bad time to have a holiday or family time, work should always be secondary to that regardless of your role in the company. I work away an awful lot and its surprisong how much you miss if your not careful. Not turn your phone off and dont look at it till you get home, nothings that important either work wise or on here that cant wait a few more days.

Gotta have a break.. enjoy it.. it will still be there when you get back!

40896FA7-81B7-47D3-A2A4-E748AAC38A9F.jpeg
Why is it that wherever you fly on holiday, at least one leg will depart an some ungodly hour?
and, yes please! More pics of dodgy Spanish electrics! I just can't get enough!
(Yes, still in depeche mode, but I'm getting better)

Here you go mate......Great positioning of a smoke detector, 200mm away from the wall and bang in front of the AC vent.:eek:

I know a girl whomgoes travelling alot, but she is petrified of flying. So I have often sent her videos of planes crashes in the build up to her next trip. Went away as group once and we was sat at the airport could see she was getting tense so asked what she would do if the pilots wife had left him that morning and he was feeling suicidal, got a slap for that one.
Girl I worked with years back survived the Manchester air crash......

So Lee, was it worth leaving your company for a week and having some valuable family time?

Mine was a complete train wreck of getting smashed all weekend. Was a good one aside from having my phone pinched on the first night there. Thankfully got a week in Caistor a week on Saturday to look forward too with the missus and her kids so that should be a bit quieter for me.

Reply to Holiday: Nervous leaving the business for a week! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net