Discuss Home Automation Electrician N.London Needed - Remote operated light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

rossyl

Hi,

I'm not an electrician and am after an electrician to do the work for me in N.London. However, I need an idea of actually what to ask for.

I called out one electrician who was highly recommended, but had no idea about any of this stuff.

1. Light Switch on Wrong Side of Door

We have a light switch on the wrong side of a door opening. To move it will be a lot, potentially too much work. The thought is to relocate the light switch by using some sort of remote controlled switch.

The switch needs to be a dimmer and to operate 4 x 7w LED GU10 bulbs (JCC's)

Anyone know of a decent switch that might do the job?

2. Linking 3 light switches

We have 3 Two-Way light switch circuits for each of the three stairways on each storey of the property. There is a switch at the bottom and at the top of each stairway. One of these switches is a dimmer.

We would like to control all three of these circuits at the same time, as well as individually. They would all need to be dimmable as well.

Thanks
R

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Please help spec a Remote operated light switch

You be better posting in the DIY section if your not an Electrician you may open the floodgates to a pack of hungry wolfs in this section as it will be assumed you are qualified and competent, if you wish to post in this section please make us aware of your competence level and qualifications.

Re: Please help spec a Remote operated light switch

You be better posting in the DIY section if your not an Electrician you may open the floodgates to a pack of hungry wolfs in this section as it will be assumed you are qualified and competent, if you wish to post in this section please make us aware of your competence level and qualifications.

Thanks will edit

R

Automation is feasible but not cheap. As others have said it might be cheaper to go the conventional wiring route unless you wish to automate your home.

Reply to Home Automation Electrician N.London Needed - Remote operated light switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net