Discuss Home sale testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

C

craig1000

Hi iv been asked if i can do the relevent inspect & test of a property ready for the owner to sell. Would this be a periodic inspect & test that is required or something else? Also with me not have my 2391 or not being nic registered either in full or as a domestic intstaller am i able to do this & issue a certificate as such? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Anyone can inspect and test without being a member of any scheme.

However, you will only be able to use generic, unbranded certificates though.

Just be sure you have sufficient insurances in place, PL &PI.

Anyone can inspect and test without being a member of any scheme.

However, you will only be able to use generic, unbranded certificates though.

Just be sure you have sufficient insurances in place, PL &PI.

As Jason said you don't have to be a member of a scheme but if you are not then Building Society's may not except your cert which to me is a restriction of practice which illegal in law.

As long as you really know how to do the PIR fully and accurately they should accept it if you persist, although a lot will have a blanket policy of 'approved companies only'. It is restrictive practise ( I can remember the annoyance before I gave up and went NIC) but they do it partially out of ignorance and parially out of bad experiences of shoddy testing..... you cant blame them really in some cases

Reply to Home sale testing in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock