Discuss Home Security Options for Private Dwelling (Home) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

We have a burglary nearly everyday in my area. Just wondering what security people put on their houses etc.
Motion activated cameras that I could view remotely is what I would probably go for if I was worried about burglars,you could get a half decent set up for a couple of hundred quid

Don't know what they say about it in Manc these days, but my experience ...
30 years in my house now and we'd get done over each year, guaranteed, the first 5 years, nothing since. Had the car done once.

But what is there to steal? Everyones got a flat screen TV, crappy computer etc etc etc. It's all worthless junk! I've got valuables, but your average fookfit wouldn't recognise them if I shoved them in his balls :D

You need a camera inside the property to record them entering the as proof, the only issue is that they will break in balaclava-red up.

The Police know who the known crime are but to be honest can't be bothered to chase them, I would also go the smart water route.

GJD Emerald 3000 Mk1-3 has a PIR system that beeps when PIR is activated and you could use that for remote recording maybe as well as 3Kwatts of resistive lighting!

I have sensor lights and CCTV front and back ultion door locks paired with Yale armoured handles, alarm with autodialler, shock sensors on all the ground floor windows and glassbreak sensor on the ground and first floor a 6ft back garden fence with a strong gate and if that ain’t enough a rather irritable dog who doesn’t like to be woken when she is sleeping :tearsofjoy: it’s far too easy to get in a house quietly and quickly these days

Much harsher prison terms for intruders who break into the homes of the elderly, vulnerable, disabled, deaf or blind - I am not among these.

It seems it is not enough to scare witless some elderly man or woman and steal from them - they have to be attacked violently as well. These are the intruders I certainly want caught, shamed and banged up.

The prison service could learn a lot from the Army correction centre at Colchester which is definitely not a hotel or holiday camp:

MCTC - https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/adjutant-generals-corps/provost/military-provost-staff/mctc/

I have sensor lights and CCTV front and back ultion door locks paired with Yale armoured handles, alarm with autodialler, shock sensors on all the ground floor windows and glassbreak sensor on the ground and first floor a 6ft back garden fence with a strong gate and if that ain’t enough a rather irritable dog who doesn’t like to be woken when she is sleeping :tearsofjoy: it’s far too easy to get in a house quietly and quickly these days
You must be hiding some at home.......... I'll bring sausages and a bone for the dog ;o)))))

Much harsher prison terms for intruders who break into the homes of the elderly, vulnerable, disabled, deaf or blind - I am not among these.

It seems it is not enough to scare witless some elderly man or woman and steal from them - they have to be attacked violently as well. These are the intruders I certainly want caught, shamed and banged up.

The prison service could learn a lot from the Army correction centre at Colchester which is definitely not a hotel or holiday camp:

MCTC - https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/corps-regiments-and-units/adjutant-generals-corps/provost/military-provost-staff/mctc/
The trouble is the liberals have taken over, the one thing I don't understand is you go to prison because you have been a bad person but you are let out early when you are a good person in prison, if you get 10 years you do 10 years, simple. Oh and if women want to be treated as equals then then do the time as well as a lot get away with a suspended sentence whereas a man gets jailed.

Reply to Home Security Options for Private Dwelling (Home) in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net