Discuss Honeywell Accenta zone problem!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

TheCodboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just installed a Honeywell Accenta alarm and having some trouble with a zone. Basically, when the alarm is set and the front door contact is broke, the alarm gives me time to put the code in to deactivate. Unfortunately the PIR in the hallway is activated and triggers the alarm to go off fully. Ive set the hallway zone to be timed,just like the door contact but it still causes the alarm to sound. First time doing an alarm...... probably my last!!!

onlyproblem with programming the hall PIR as entry inhibited is if it's the first detector to be triggered on coming downstairs. it needs to be progged E/E when system is part set.

you can either prog it as E/E all settings, or, for greater security. prog. inibited on full set, and e/e on part set (if the control panel will allow that. some of the cheaper panels won't).

Yep, on the Accents Gen4 you can programme area 2 so that on part set, intermediate/inhibit zones become entry/exit ( in addition to the normal entry exit. Make Z1 entry/exit and Z2 the inhibited zone.

Just fitted an accenta G4 but having problems setting it up, I got it all up and running but I can enter my garage without disarming the alarm and it takes around 3 minutes to activate the siren, also my pir flashes red when I move but the alarm does not sound.
Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me mad.

Just fitted an accenta G4 but having problems setting it up, I got it all up and running but I can enter my garage without disarming the alarm and it takes around 3 minutes to activate the siren, also my pir flashes red when I move but the alarm does not sound.
Any help would be appreciated as it's driving me mad.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Sounds like you have the garage PIR wired into an 'entry zone'
Try wiring it into one of the last zones and see if that fixes it.

Reply to Honeywell Accenta zone problem!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net